Is this compatible with macbook air?
asked by BABZ on December 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes! And iPod Touch, iPad and MacBook Pro. All of my Mac, PC Gear and Android phone work just great with this Linksys/Cisco product. I am very happy with it.
ReviewCritic answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't see why it wouldn't be. I own several Apple computers (iMacs, MacBook Pro and Powerbook) and they are all very compatible. I don't own the Macbook Air (yet) but it will be the next laptop I buy and I won't have any worry that it wouldn't work just fine with this router. Hope this helps.
D. McCaffrey answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The MacBook Air has no problem connecting and using the router. The same goes for iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc.

Mac is officially supported under the specifications tab on this page:
http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/Routers/Linksys-EA4500-Dual-Band-N900-Router-with-Gigabit-USB_stcVVproductId145330245VVviewprod.htm
Shawn answered on December 31, 2012

A
Yes this wifi router work for pc and Mac
DR281989 answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my home we have 3 iPads, a MacBook Pro, a MacBook and 2 iPhones all working very well with this unit. Hope this helps. (Also have 3 MS PC computers working with it.)
Ocala Man answered on December 31, 2012

A
I don't know anything about Mac, but on the box, the Minimum reuirements says, "Mac: Wi-Fi enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, or Lion 10.7 or later". Hopefully, this will help.
CabbieMom answered on December 31, 2012

A
Any wireless router will work or be compatible with MacBook air, because they are all based on the same industry standards (e.g. 802.11g/n). However, try to buy a wirelss router from a different vendor like Netgear or D-Link. Linksys EA4500 is a very difficult device to work with. Avoid it.
A Knowledgeable User answered on January 2, 2013

A
i am use macbook pro
router GUI is Web and iphone app support
kim zesan answered on January 1, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Barbara.

Yes this router is compatible with newer operating systems such as Mac OSX 10.8 or Windows 8, as well as the newer computer hardware and gadgets such as the MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone, etc. To know more about the EA4500 and its other cool features such as the built-in media server, please follow this link to our support site:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/EA4500

Thanks.
Cisco-Linksys Support
http://homesupport.cisco.com
Linksys Cares answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not a Mac guy but I believe so. The router comes with a installation CD, so you simply need to run it and allow the instation to finish. I would check the Lynksys website to confirm before purchasing.
Jessy J answered on December 31, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product