Is this game as bad as Superman 64 or ET?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2013 1:29:07 PM PST
H. Wang says:
Just want to see where it ranks in terms of the turd scale.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 2:49:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 2:49:37 PM PST
Well, it's hard to say. I'd go with this idea.

E.T. and Superman 64 are perhaps (arguably) the worst games of their generations. You could also say the worst games for their platforms. (Atari, N64 etc.)

AL:CM sits in the same seat as the two games you mentioned because of the bait-n-switch. People came in expecting something good, but got shafted (HARD).

I'm not sure, because I don't play as many games these days as before when i was a teen, but AL:CM mgiht be one of the worst of this current generation. And seeing as how this is probably the final year of the XBOX360 / PS3 / Wii, it's unacceptable that this game came out like this. It is also unacceptable that the game took six years to be made and was promised with so much potentional, but was ultimately left to die by itself. It's jsut a testament to how awful the current videogame industry is.

And not to sound all elitist, but ths should, hopefully, make gamers stand up for their rights and become the ones who control this buisness. Not the suits.

This makes me crawl back into my time portal and play old games even more. I'm talking old school like NES and SNES. There's lots of people out there helping to keep the classics alive. Indie developers who also strive to make new games that expand what games are. Big box AAA titles are most of the time goingto fail. It's happened to Resident Evil, Dead Space, and now Aliens (which is a series that can never seem to get a break...)

For upcoming big AAA titles, I'd suggest more better companies and their properties like Naughty Dog and their game The Last of Us and Bioshock infinite by Irrational Games.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 4:49:04 PM PST
monkeycatt says:
the worst game of this current cosole generation is Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 11:22:36 PM PST
H. Wang says:
That is a good comparison. I finally played it tonight and agree that there is no excuse for a game that took 6 years to make at this juncture of the 360 console life cycle that should be this bad. The co op was fun, but I hated all the glitches, bugs and the general dated and sloppy feel of the game. Walking through walls ... really?!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 11:29:59 PM PST
H. Wang says:
gotta say though the final battle and ending were meeeeeeeeeh

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 4:39:53 PM PST
T.C. says:
Dead Space 1,2,3 is miles better than this.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 8:54:42 PM PST
H. Wang says:
Have to agree
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Xbox 360
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Xbox 360 by Sega of America (Xbox 360)
2.6 out of 5 stars   (238)