Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Is this game easy enough for a 6 year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2010 7:54:26 AM PST
I really love playing Wii games with my daughter but it seems there aren't many titles available that are fun for both of us. They are either too childish and simple or too hard for her to play.

If you have played this, do you think the controls are easy enough for a 6 year old?

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 11:49:30 AM PST
I'm 28 and while the game isn't terribly difficult, there is some tricky platforming sequences. If they could do Mario Galaxy, they could do this. Hope that helps.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 2:29:49 PM PST
The game isn't too hard. I think you both could have a lot of fun with it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 2:56:28 PM PST
J. Peplinski says:
I have the gaming skills of your average 6-year-old and I definitely find it difficult in parts (but still fascinating). Maybe you could help her get through the tricky parts (navigating a complex world or fighting villains) and then let her do more of the running around to find all the objects and goodies after the level has been completed and is "safe" to explore. If you guys like Disney it is definitely a treat just to watch!

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 5:27:56 AM PST
J. Yeary says:
Does anyone know if you need to purchase anything besides the game in order to play? My grandkids are getting a Wii console for Christmas and I just need to know what they will need to play Epic Mickey.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 6:11:46 AM PST
J. Peplinski says:
No extras required! You probably want to get them an extra Wiimote & nunchuck (unless you're already purchasing a bundle that includes extras) so they can both play games together. OTHER games though, Mickey is a one-player game so you'll just need the Wii and the one controller that already comes with the console.

Personally I needed a beer after falling into the paint thinner in the It's a Small World level about 80 times, but that's just me! Not a game requirement per se.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2011 5:01:47 PM PST
I'm not surprised you needed a beer. I had to take a hit of Bach's Rescue Remedy (anti-stress drops) in order to finally get through the Mickeyjunk Mountain Blot Boss Battle. ;o)

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:57:12 AM PDT
Liza says:
My 9 year old LOVES this, we got the game, the strategy guide and the "paintbrush" nunchuck. It may be a little on the dark side for anyone younger than 6, but my child laughs and giggles throughout the game without any help from adults.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about