Bananagrams
$10.93
Add to cart
Is this a good game for a 7 year old? Is this a good game for a 7 year old? She's high-energy and loves math but getting her to sit still long enough to read is a constant struggle! Looking for fun ways to introduce and "disguise" reading.
asked by Yogi Bear on May 13, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
My daughter has ADHD and loves math also but hates reading .I do have this game and although I am not saying children are able to play it,She never ever wants to play it and it has become another closet clutter toy.
I had more luck with the LeapFrog products in which she could wear headphones and follow along,besides the huge selection of charaters this compony has,hope it helps.
Vanillamlkshake answered on October 19, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our son loves math but HATES to read. He does love playing with this and plays with a group of us sometimes for family game time, but also sometimes will challenge himself to build words on his own. It is great for any child from at least 7 years to have to work on word building skills
pfs63 answered on November 28, 2008

A
I probably would not expect him to do it as a crossword puzzle. But........if he is just allowed to make as many words as possible it should be fun.
Goodie answered on October 27, 2009

A
My 7 yr-old son loves it & recently spelled "Quotation" as one of his words! But a year ago he was playing & just spelling 3- & 4-letter words, so as long as they can spell & read, they can play this game. This also spurs him on to looking up words in a dictionary to find out if they are "real words" & also if he was spelled a harder word correctly. Wow! What more can you ask for from a 2nd-grader?
L. Cheeley answered on December 13, 2009

A
Yes. My 6 year old's first word was "warlord" followed by "piano" and "qualify." We have a strong reader. I think this a great way to build skills even if you play it in a more free form fashion, i.e. show all letters and see who can use 50 letters first, etc.
Robbie answered on June 28, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 23, 2010 8:49:41 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product