Is this a good watch for walking?
asked by Richard M. Farrell Jr. on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
votes
Yes. It would largely depend on how long you want to walk for. I took this thing on a LONG hike up Mt. Humphreys. It ended up a 10 hour, 3300 ft elevation gain. It worked great to track the route, speed, heart rate, and elevation gain. The battery was nearly dead towards the end, but it worked very well. I would recommed this for walking, yes.
Catharsis answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
Yes. I walk about every other day. Still keeps your distance and heart rate. If you walk on treadmill you just turn the GPS off. I love it and use it both ways.
Cobber22 answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
I use it for walking, running, cycling. You can use it with a foot pod or just by itself. I have a foot pod so when on the treadmill I do turn off the GPS. It is a great all-purpose, all-around GPS watch.
T. Skirvin answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
Yes, i use every day at bicycle, and a few days for hiking, love it
alejandrogl answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
Yes! You can use it for walking to track your pace and distance. You can also set intervals. I love the watch, especially the heart rate monitor function.
S. King answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
It is a good watch for walking. However, I would get a simpler garmin if you're just walking. A garmin 110 or 210 will calculate your distance and calories accurately without all the extra bells and whistles that a garmin 410 offers.
E Obaka answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
It is a good watch for walking, though a less expensive model would likely give you what you need. Certainly it will more than adequately provide GPS position, distance traveled, pace and heart rate.
yumus answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
It might work for you but I'd like to suggest something that I find much better, the new fitbit one. For about $60 less you can purchase the fitbit one which will track your steps, miles, floors climbed, calories burned and sleep! The fitbit will also send you emails to motivate and encourage you when you reach certain step/mileage/calorie goals. The 410 has a touch bezel which had a learning curve that took much more time than I had to dedicate. The rechargeable battery in the fitbit one lasts much longer than the 410 also. I hope this was helpful! Good luck.
S. P. Vanderwahl answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
The exercise does not matter at all. Just wear the monitor and the watch and it will record your heart rate and distance whether you run or walk or bike.
David answered on November 25, 2012

A
votes
Yes! I have tested this on predetermined routes on family walks and it is Very accurate!! For biking I like to set it to auto pause under 3 mph for when I stop for breaks and it works awesome, again can't say enough about how great this watch is!
FrontLineTrainer answered on November 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›