can you use this to heat ready to feed formula?
asked by Emily Orr on November 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
yes, we use it for this all day!
L. Webb answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't really know about ready to feed. I would think no. Doesn't seem like you could just leave warm formula sitting around all day. I know a made powder formula bottle is only good for an hour.
A. Kent answered on November 1, 2012

A
I wouldn't because the product is not temperatured controlled enough and you may be heating it too hot. I ended up with the Dr Brown's bottle warmer after much research and I found that it worked great and was consistent every time. No worry about burning my baby with the Brezza that never really heated to what it said. It says 97 - but that's not what my thermometer said. Sometimes it was 108 degrees! Wouldn't trust it. Plus, you can't leave formula out for more than 2 hours. You can leave it in the fridge, which is why I ultimately went with the bottle warmer. I bought one for upstairs and downstairs, and at night, I just made the bottles ahead of time, put them in a bottle pack with a small freezer bag and when I needed them, they were warm in 2 to 4 minutes (depending on the amount). I've never had to walk down to the fridge once. My daughter is almost 4 months. Works wonderful! You can change their diaper while the bottle is warming. Still use it every night, but now I only need one bottle for the morning.
Linda Natale answered on November 1, 2012

A
I would advise against it. Formula only is good for 1 hour out in open air. If you use this to only heat what you plan to feed for that feeding session, it won't be enough to hit the min. quantity for the kettle yo work properly. Plus, this kettle is not easy to clean.
Just an Average Person answered on November 1, 2012

A
I wouldn't recommend putting the ready to feed formula in the kettle itself. As another reviewer mentioned, there is a minimum amount of water that needs to be in the kettle itself and that is quite a bit of formula you would need to pour in there to reach the minimum amount. Plus, ready to feed formula really shouldn't be left out for longer than an hour once that 1QT or single serve container is opened.

We use the Baby Buddy Bottle dispense in conjunction with the Baby Brezza kettle and it works great for nighttime feedings. In my opinion, it really does make it just as convenient as the ready to use liquids.
Tanida answered on November 1, 2012

A
I'm not sure, as we have never tried this. The only glitch could be the formula going through the sieve clearly, since it's thicker than water. I can't say enough good things about this item though. It has been my favorite and most useful baby item after 3 kids.
Elizabeth answered on November 5, 2012

A
No,water only.

May I suggest, to save your ready to feed formula for the road. This pitcher makes powder formula easy and fast. I would seriously consider trying it. You'll also save quite a bit of money.

I did hours of research on formulas. I found the generic brands are every bit as healthy and safe as the name brands. I use the Target Up and Up version of Similac. It costs about half the price. With Twin babies, it has saved us hundreds over the course of the year.
Dodgersrf answered on December 30, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product