can this mount be installed on a brick wall?
asked by mac 09 on November 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
Sure with the right anchors.
R. Wear answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
it does come with mason bolts!! but I did buy it like 3_4 years ago... honestly great mount tho I still get compliments on it
nabeel answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
I would think a molley might work. You may ask someone at a home improvement store how brittle brick is. You may be able to drill and install some molleys in the brick and bolt in on that way. Look up on YouTube how to mount on brick. Hope this helps.
Joshua answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
I don't know what the manufacturer's instructions say but you should be able to use lead wall anchors, still don't know if they will support the weight of your TV. You could also just put in additional screws + lead wall anchors for added suppport.
quinnrichard answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
I don't know what the manufacturer's instructions say but you should be able to use lead wall anchors, still don't know if they will support the weight of your TV. You could also just put in additional screws + lead wall anchors for added suppport.
quinnrichard answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
If you had an anchor that would secure it to a brick, my opinion would be yes.
mark weiss answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
Yes
Gary Rosenberg answered on November 28, 2012

A
votes
yes! i did into a stone wall. What i would suggest is first mounting a 2x6 on the wall and then attached the mount to that. The mortar will crumb over time and could make the mount not as strong, so this will help to #1 make the wall be level and #2 stronger.
kfs answered on November 29, 2012

A
votes
I'm not really sure, but perhaps with a masonary bit & anchors?
Grey Fox answered on November 29, 2012

A
votes
You can use tapcons- screws that are made for concrete or lead anchors. There are also concrete anchors called red heads.
Paul Lindow answered on December 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›