Is this playable on 3.15 firmware

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2010 12:56:54 PM PDT
I want this game badly, but I refuse to kowtow to Sony's intention of removing features from their system. As such I am using 3.15 firmware with no intention of changing.

Does this game work on 3.15 firmware, or would it compel me to upgrade if I put it in the drive?

Posted on May 12, 2010 6:39:10 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I don't think there's even a way to find out what firmware it uses. Careful though, if you put the game in the drive and it needs an update, it'll automatically update.

Posted on May 12, 2010 8:15:38 AM PDT
F. Hamel says:
I think if you have your system connected to the internet, you have to update. If you don't have it connected, you don't have anything to worry about. Just putting the game in the drive and not being connected to the internet would not update your firmware. System firmware updates aren't initiated from a game disk. They are initiated from being connected to the internet. Game updates on the other hand are initiated from the game disk but I don't think you can download game disk updates without having the most up to date system firmware.

Posted on May 12, 2010 11:47:14 AM PDT
F. kelch says:
You linux nut jobs make me laugh. Thanks for the laugh though, really it's been a crud day at work today. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Posted on May 12, 2010 6:46:34 PM PDT
I.Flores says:
>>Rocking out on I-75 says:
I want this game badly, but I refuse to kowtow to Sony's intention of removing features from their system<<

You are aware that by refusing to update because wanting to keep a mostly useless feature, you will give up tons of future upgrades and cool new features ,right?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 7:45:36 PM PDT
Not at all. I'm perfectly happy to wait for Nintendo to release their no-strings attached games this summer. Sony can lose their 500 dollar a year fix from me, I won't be hurting.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 9:29:21 PM PDT
WhyGog says:
Just to answer this question:
Yes, the game plays fine on a 3.15fw system.

Posted on May 13, 2010 9:17:16 AM PDT
N. Reyes says:
The new Legend of Zelda isn't coming out this summer. I'd bet it's not even coming out this year.

And The Other OS feature is useless. Only a hard headed person would pass on tons of great games just to......Wait, just to what? Why are you doing this to yourself?

Just for the record, 3D Dot Game Heroes is a great game and should not be missing by hardcore Zelda fans such as myself.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 9:17:22 AM PDT
I.Flores says:
"Sony can lose their 500 dollar a year fix from me, I won't be hurting. "

Huh?

Posted on May 13, 2010 5:39:05 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
"I think if you have your system connected to the internet, you have to update. If you don't have it connected, you don't have anything to worry about. Just putting the game in the drive and not being connected to the internet would not update your firmware. System firmware updates aren't initiated from a game disk. They are initiated from being connected to the internet. Game updates on the other hand are initiated from the game disk but I don't think you can download game disk updates without having the most up to date system firmware."

Wrong. Being connected to the internet allows you to download the update from there. But games that require a later update include that update on the disc itself, in which case it will install it before loading the game. This is for the benefit of those PS3 owners who never connect the system to the internet, so that they will be able to play all the games the system has to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2010 11:41:59 PM PDT
F. Hamel says:
@GarionOrb - What games have updates on the disk? I'm not saying you are wrong, I have just never heard of it. I have seen my PSP games with firmware updates, but I don't recall a PS3 game having that. Maybe I never noticed it.

Posted on May 20, 2010 5:53:49 PM PDT
D. Rasmussen says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 4:45:25 AM PDT
i know this is old but jesus you dont have to update your ps3 unless you want to play games online or get on the playstation store the browser will still work just fine without an update so therefore you can still connect to the internet without an update.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 4:21:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 9:05:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2011 10:23:41 AM PDT
WRONG!! (to quote Lex Luthor)

Most recently I know Killzone 3 has firmware included.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 10:24:47 AM PDT
By the way... What's with raising this relic from the grave? It is almost a year old.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  May 11, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
3D Dot Game Heroes - Playstation 3
3D Dot Game Heroes - Playstation 3 by Atlus (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (148)