Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

Can this be played without the balance board?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2008 1:46:21 PM PST
J. Moore says:
Just wondering if this can be played without the balance board and, if so, how good is it without it. I realized it will not be as good but wondered is still worth getting. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 7:25:57 AM PST
Gooflee says:
You can play with the Wii Remote, but the Game Trailers review said that Wii Balance Board makes the game so much more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 7:51:10 AM PST
gamer geek says:
I haven't seen a review yet that hasn't said that the balance board is THE reason the game works so well. For instance, the 360 and PS3 versions got much worse scores.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 11:34:13 AM PST
a fan says:
that's what i read too. anybody know where i can buy a balance board solo? i don't want wii fit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2008 8:56:42 AM PST
The balance board from Wii Fit works with this? Charles Brown

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008 1:58:45 PM PST
A. KOZA says:
No other balance board exists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008 4:31:54 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2008 4:32:54 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 10:24:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2008 10:27:42 AM PST
ice grizzly says:
Game is very short. Around 30 events (with some recycled tracks). The game is not worth a full buy if you are going to play with wiimotes. I finished the entire single player game in less than 2 hrs. Iam not even that skilled. It is a party game, it is similar to wiisports it is always fun when you play with your friends and family.

Buy this game
- If you have balance board
- If you have friends and family to play with

Rent it:
- If you are just playing by yourself using wiimotes. You can complete two or three re-plays in a weekend. The game is really really short.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2008 9:41:02 AM PST
SHP says:
How do you play multi player? some on wiimotes and 1 on balance board? can you use up to 4 actual balance boards for the game? (that's a little pricey, but a kind of cool idea just the same!)

I think the balance board is only sold packaged with the wii fit game. I think the one I bought for Christmas was about $89 at a local Gamestop. I might be wrong on price though, bought it while in stock some time this fall, so not remembering for sure at the moment!

looking for good games that use the balance board (the balance board is VERY cool!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2009 10:53:37 AM PST
Velvet says:
All balance board games only allow one balance board to be used, so there's no reason to buy additional balance boards (or Wii Fits) because you can't use them.

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (an awesome party game anyway) and We Ski also make use of the balance board. Rayman has you sitting on the board, not just standing, and it's challenging. We Ski is fun with the board as well and makes it a lot more realistic. If you like Shaun White, We Ski is a milder, more family friendly version (the board is used for turning; all tricks use the remote and nunchuck, which you use to push yourself along).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about