Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Is this product better than a ring light?
asked by itsnkenge on June 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
They are 2 different products, but in general, I would say yes. Ring lights have other issues where this is just a useful fill light. If I had to choose, I would get the on camera LED.
Jonny G answered on June 5, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I heven't worked with the ring... the neewer light is pretty good, I shoot video weddings, commercials, etc... I have to say I'm pretty happy with it, it gives you a lot of light. Plus i can hang the light anywhere. After a couple of weeks I bought another one. Just take care of them because their built not very though... Hope this helps.
Miguel Angel Gamboa answered on June 5, 2013

A
I would have to echo Miguel's remarks. I don't think a ring light would put out nearly as much light as this. If you need the flexibility to light near subjects and distant subjects, this light would be the choice due to its dimmable feature. I like mine a lot.
D. Summerson answered on June 5, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am a furniture maker and always photograph and in some cases make vidoes of my work before delivering them to my clients. The Neewer LED lamp is a different animal from a Ring Light as Jon Griffin says in his post. Both are good tools but I prefer the Neewer Lamp as a fill light. Most of my work involves working with highly polished furniture and the ability to both position and dim the NEEWER lamp goes a very long way toward eliminating glare! At the price of this lamp you will not go wrong!
C. J. Struthers answered on June 5, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product