Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Extras: The Complete Series forum

is this set the original english cuts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2010 4:28:08 PM PDT
i might not know what i'm talking about, but i thought i remembered reading that hbo showed slightly altered versions of certain episodes. (one example would be the episode where the musician made the guest spot-- like that has a longer song instead of some scenes that involved more "british type humor." another example would be in the finale-- a michael richards doll is used as a gag instead of a british reality star.)

anyway, i'm wondering if this set on amazon is features the original english cuts? or if there was ever any variant cut of any episodes. i would prefer the original episodes, if possible to attain.

thanks.

Posted on Sep 26, 2010 3:36:58 AM PDT
DeAd MiKe says:
I'm going to order this within the next couple of weeks so I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it's the HBO version since Amazon has this listed under the product description:

Studio: Hbo Home Video

Posted on Jun 2, 2016 9:06:44 AM PDT
I got the same question: Does this box set contain the altered US versions or the original BBC versions? I already got the BBC versions and I'd only buy this set if it contained the altered US versions. Don't need the same versions twice. Can anyone say for sure which version the HBO set contains? Thanks in advance.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2010
Latest post:  27 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Extras: The Complete Series
Extras: The Complete Series by Ricky Gervais (DVD - 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars (109)