ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Lisey's Story forum

Is this similar to Koontz, "The Bad Place"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2006 8:08:20 AM PST
I have just read the first 100 pages or so of "Lisey's Story", but something about it is reminding me of a Koontz book I read a long time ago. Does anyone else find it similar to Dean Koontz's, "The Bad Place"?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2006 12:57:01 PM PST
Yes, it is similar in the sense of having another world that the characters go to; here, though, the world is mostly good, whereas in The Bad Place, IRRC, it was an evil place that the bad guys went to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2007 5:54:38 PM PST
D. Azure says:
What seemed strange to me, is that, A book reminded me of a Dean Koontz book. Usually 90% of Koontz books remind me of someone elses book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2007 4:30:25 PM PST
Jason says:
I am both a Koontz fan and King fan, I just bought this book and I will see if it indeed compares to The Bad Place.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2007 6:13:36 PM PDT
All Dean Koontz books remind me or Stephen King books and all Stephen Kings books remind me of Dean Koontz books I will always believe they are the same person

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2007 9:24:34 PM PDT
Blue damsel says:
Not so strange... I normally don't like Stephen King, but LOVED Lisey's Story. And I am a huge fan of Dean Koontz, especially his older stuff, and now the newer books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008 6:09:12 PM PDT
Jamie Walker says:
Dean Koontz is a much better read, I love Koontz but cannot stand King Books

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2008 11:56:04 AM PDT
No offense intended, but I can no even see how it is possible that anyone could think that Koontz is a better writer than King. He is way too derivative. That being said, tastes are tastes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2009 4:14:36 PM PST
SMM2571 says:
I agree.Koontz is mediocre in my opinion. Passable reads but I don't go out of my way to read them.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 7:45:07 PM PDT
Koontz writes with the reader in mind. King has come far from that and his offerings from the past 8+ years (at least) show that he's more concerned with his own "expression" than with the reader's perception/entertainment. Kind of like a singer who starts lacing their concerts with their politics. Yeahhh.... I don't really give a crap and that's not what I'm paying you for.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Lisey's Story forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2006
Latest post:  Sep 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions