How the heck do I hook this thing up??? Just purchased the 371, first dissapointed to find only the most basic of basic beginners guides and the manual on a disk that I can't get to open.
Even tried the Yamaha site and the PDF manual link wasnt working.
Not off to a good start.
Just want to connect my Cable box/dvr, Samsung Plasma TV and blu ray player.

Any hints, tips or words of advice??
asked by J. Sessa on October 23, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
It is very simple. You need 3 HDMI cables. One going from your cable box HDMI out (if it is an HD cable box..if not swap it out with your cable co. for an HD box) to HDMI 1 input on the Yamaha, then another HDMI cable out from your blu-ray player to the HDMI 2 input on the Yamaha, then run the 3rd HDMI cable from the HDMI out on the Yamaha to the HDMI in to your Samsung Plasma HDTV. Don't know if your are just using the speakers thru the Samsung TV or if you have a 5.1 speaker setup. If you are just using the Samsung TV speakers after connecting the above cables you are good to go. If you are using other speakers then of course you need to make all the speaker connections to the Yamaha as well. Easy peasy...
sacflies answered on October 29, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have three items connected via HDMI to the 371, a Panasonic Viera plasmaTV (HDMI out) and Blu-Ray player (HDMI 2) and a Mot DCX3200 cable box (HDMI1). After inserting a DVD the 371 switches automaticly to HDMI 2 and works perfectly. When I'm finished with the Blu-Ray player and shut it down the 371 doesn't automaticly switch back to the cable box on HDMI 1. The cable box was left on while watching the DVD's. I have to press HDMI 1 on the remote to get a picture and sound. I don't can't find anything in the manual about this problem. Anyone know what I should do?
Flunkum answered on December 23, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe it is because the cable box is "always on". So even if you turn it off or not the receiver still thinks it is on so it doesn't switch back to it because it doesn't receive a new signal to switch to. This is my understanding anyway. Not sure if there is a workaround for this.
sacflies answered on December 23, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the information :( I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe in time someone will figure out a workaround .
Flunkum answered on December 24, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product