Is this unit can use with 220 V AC? I want to buy this unit to use in UK? But they don't have any information about power supply for their subwoofer. Is it support for AC 220V?
[UPDATED] asked by P. Phanthumachinda on September 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Here is what I got from the company's technical support. So it can not be used with 220 V AC directly.
----------
Hello,
No, this product is only designed for usage on power systems that output 120VAC @ 60Hz. Use of this product in any other country than where it was purchased and/or its use on any other voltage/power system for which it was designed will cause irreparable damage to the built-in amplifier. The line drawing in the manual is only used as a hookup diagram and has no bearing on the voltage of the actual item sold; it was only used as an example (we had plans to release it in other countries but, those never came to fruition).
Let me know if you need anything else.

Service Support Representative (Domestic)
Klipsch Group, Inc. - Klipsch | Energy | Jamo | Mirage
3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268 USA
------------------
H. Guo answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Look at the manual here: http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/TK-CLASSI-5-1/TK-CLASSI-5-1_OM.pdf

You can see that the notation on the rear of the subwoofer says "230V." Energy is distributing the speaker system worldwide. I do not know if Energy is providing multiple versions for multiple regions, or if the unit comes with a power cord suitable for your region. Give Energy a call: 1 (866) 441-8208.
dev1 answered on December 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it is acceptable to use with UK mains power. It is rated for 50Hz (UK) and 60Hz (US), and 230V AC (which is within tolerances for 220V supply). The strange thing is, in the manual's illustration, it only has 230V marked, with no 115V markings (US mains power straight from the power line is two legs of 110-120V AC, allowing for 120V household outlets and 240V outlets for ovens, and clothes dryers, etc).

But yes, there is no reason this wouldn't work in the UK.
Γ214 answered on December 30, 2012

A
Hi P. Phanthumachinda, did you try this unit in UK? I have the same concern in Asia. Thank you very much.
H. Guo answered on February 15, 2013

A
You could always use this transformer.

Goldsource® Step Up and Down Voltage Converter Transformer ST500 - Transformer - AC 110/220 V - 500 Watt
VAgrawal answered on March 29, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No you can not plug it to a 220-240 V AC, unless you want to smell a burning circuit in your subwoofer... Use a transformer.
E. SAUCEDO answered on April 2, 2013

A
Anybody tried this in 220V area(UK/Asia)? Probably with a step down transformer?
As I understand, the AC power is fed only to the subwoofer, right? Which probably needs to be connected via transformer, is this correct?
S. Powar answered on June 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product