Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
is this tv wireless wifi or do you need a cable to hook up to your moden?
asked by Lynne on October 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
It is wireless as well as a ethernet port on the back near the lower HDMI ports.
Kindle Customer answered on October 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The tv is both wifi wireless and can be hooked up with a cable. Even though it works through wifi, do not be confused by thinking that you can surf the Internet. It is strictly used for the apps which you can download right on the tv. I have had for almost a month and have had no regrets! This tv is awesome for the price point!
Npizz answered on October 29, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello Lynne,
Please download and read the PDF File of the User Manual before using this TV for the initial set up. The TV has the Wired and Wireless WiFi features. You can choose either convenient to your settings. The Cable connection is better if your Wireless Signal is weak.
Chi H. Cheng answered on October 29, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This tv is completely wireless (for Internet apps) and does not need an Ethernet cable from the modem. Just needs to be in range of wireless router. Took less than 30 seconds to establish wifi settings and connection successfully. I hope this helps!
DWatkins answered on October 29, 2012

A
As noted in the product description, it is a WiFi connected TV, but it does have an Ethernet port in the back as well if you have a hard wired home.
Kindle Customer answered on October 29, 2012

A
It has built in wifi (wireless N if you want specifics) Vizio has had built in wireless for over a year and a half on their high end TV sets.
Vic K. answered on October 29, 2012

A
100% wireless. It's awesome I watch HD VIDEO OFF YOUTUBE AND WATCH MY AMAZON PRIME movies off it all the time.
Rachel answered on October 29, 2012

A
It is wireless. WiFi works great. You can have wired connections as well.
Aboobacker M. Cheetha answered on October 29, 2012

A
Either. I use a Motorola wireless modem with Cable One high speed internet. Easy to set up & works great.
James R. Getten answered on November 14, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Either way, I have been using wifi and have had no problems with buffering or anything. Been watching HD amazon movies and netflix and no issues what so ever
Me answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product