Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Is this worthy of being a limited edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012 5:57:59 AM PDT
Shouldn't we have the freedom edition? We fought the British for our freedom after all! The belt buckle is useless to most people, the flag is sorta cool but doubtful good quality, the statue is the only thing really good. Ubisoft has again gave a crappy edition to the US compared to Europe. Not even ubisoft's own country making these games (canada) gets a solid collectors edition!

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 12:11:04 PM PDT
ori says:
Iam pissed we aren't getting George Washington's book and Connor's medallion. I would trade out the crappy useless beltbuckle for the medallion.

I think the thing I'm most miffed about is the crappy packaging the LE comes in because at the very least they could've given us decent packaging like the Freedom Edition's.

I'm not going to be optimistic here and say, "at least we're getting a LE" because let's face it. Ubisoft's biggest IP? Why wouldn't a LE come stateside? I will say at least we're getting the flag, but as you said it might be poor quality. I wish it was the same flag Ubisoft gave out in those recent promo kits.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 1:50:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 1:51:15 PM PDT
Amazonz says:
Ubisoft always gives the US the shortstick.... even more angry this time as our version is suckier than usual, we dont even get a steel book.
so for 120$ we get the beltbuckle, flag, statue, and regular case

For $60 we get a steel book and game

60$ extra for a flag,belt buckle,statue, and cardboard case rather than metal.... i prefer to keep my old preorder

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 1:21:04 AM PDT
Tyler says:
I think it sucks. I would much prefer the bonus maps the UK editions get. The Freedom Edition looks the best.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 11:30:54 AM PDT
Shopper says:
Hopefully another special edition is released for the US. I would have liked some exclusive DLC not available anywhere else. I have no interest in the belt buckle or cheap-looking flag, and the fact that the statue has 16 stripes on the flag is the last nail in the coffin.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 1:57:00 PM PDT
Amazonz says:
We will not get another edition, at most gamestop will have an extra item like the extra davinci flying machine before(course it cost more) and of course suckstop will get the inevitable best sword/extra level that they have been getting for AC games

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:08:05 PM PDT
M. Howells says:
Agree strongly. The belt buckle is clearly the red headed stepchild of this package. Would much prefer the book if nothing else.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 10:20:39 PM PDT
Jojo Mojo says:
Honestly, what does Ubisoft have against the US? I was ready to throw money at my screen when I saw the Freedom Edition. Unfortunately, I then saw that it's only for Europe, and I'm still trying to figure out a way to pre-order it and have it imported.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 10:23:57 AM PDT
Yeah, no kidding. I tried to get it from Amazon.uk, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.au. I even tried to get it from an Amazon in Portugal, but couldn't find one. For some reason, there is a law that prevents these countries from mailing video games to America.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 11:01:22 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
I'll wait a year after this released when Best Buy has stacks of them sitting out for $60 a piece.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 9:55:41 AM PDT
Jojo Mojo says:
Try Ebay. I've only found the Freedom Edition there, but I'm not sure if they charge you right away or wait until the order ships.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 11:16:39 AM PDT
Good idea. I'll try that. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 10:15:32 PM PDT
Jojo Mojo says:
Gah. I just found out today that DLC for the PS3 is region-locked >.< Not sure if $130-$150 is worth it for the European editions w/out the DLC. Dang it Ubisoft! I love Assassin's Creed, why do this to me!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 8:59:58 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
I'm also wondering why US gamers, and Xbox 360 owners in general, have been getting shafted by Ubisoft as of the past few years. Despite my dislike of Ubisoft, I love Assassin's Creed, and I'm also a stickler for limited editions that include statues. That said however, the 16 striped flag is a turn off, not to mention it also looks like there are only 11 stars on it as well, which makes little sense as the included cloth flag is 13 stripes and 13 stars. The belt buckle is most definitely a cop-out, and GameStop has the more appealing pre-order DLC. That said, what happened to it being a GameStop exclusive in the first place?

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 5:31:49 PM PDT
For $65, PC gamers get the digital deluxe edition: Washington's notebook and the three singleplayer missions plus two outfits and two MP characters (assuming these are the retailer-exclusive DLC). Much better deal imo. The least they could've done is throw those into the console limited edition - no way it's worth $120 as it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 8:17:50 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
i agree, im not getting it. if it had Washington's notebook then i would, but it doesn't

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:57:03 PM PDT
Justin says:
If you don't like this edition you can get the Join or Die one they have at JBHIFI in Australia. It says they ship here, every Assassins Creed game I've played from there has worked on my Xbox, so if you're willing to take the risk.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 6:47:46 AM PDT
ori says:
Regarding Justin's post about JB Hi-fi. I will also confirm that they do indeed ship to the US. Shipping isn't that expensive either. I ordered the Bayonetta Climax edition from there and it even came with the gun.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 8:31:12 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
I'm assuming the DLC codes wouldn't work though?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 9:38:28 PM PDT
ori says:
@Dawn

No of course not. They are codes for an entirely different region.

Unless, for example, you easily set up a PSN account for the corresponding region the codes would work on, only then could you actually download them.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 3:17:54 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
A girl can dream... ^_~

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 9:27:47 PM PDT
ori says:
@Dawn

Just make a AU PSN account. It's easy. Just look up videos on YT. I have JP and UK PSN accounts myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:20:11 AM PDT
Dawn M says:
Wouldn't do me much good since I'm not a PS3 owner.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 12:12:46 PM PDT
P. Brown says:
So...

Can I order the Join or Die edition from amazon.co.uk or from gamestop.co.uk? Will those ship to America? Just wondering. I understand the DLC will likely not work. But Connor's medallion is much cooler than anything included in our limited edition, and I don't really want a statue of Connor. Heck I don't even know if I like the guy yet, why would I want a 9" statue of him already?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 8:39:46 PM PDT
ori says:
@P.Brown

You CANNOT order any video games from either. They will only deliver to Europe. As I just got done telling Dawn, the only overseas site you CAN order from is JB hi-fi.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about