Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Dexter: Season 6 forum

To those that have bought this recently...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2012 9:29:22 PM PDT
Is the batch on sale right now still plagued with the spoilers of the season climax during the unskippable previews or has showtime fixed this?

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 8:20:26 AM PDT
C. Forman says:
I bought mine on August 20th and was able to skip the previews.

However, I have another question for anyone who bought Season 6. Is it just me, or did the quality of the DVD transfer seem off compared to previous seasons? In quite a few episodes the picture looks all pixellated and blocky, almost like they used a badly compressed YouTube video as the source.

Anyone else experience this, or did I maybe just get a bad set of discs?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 3:30:19 AM PDT
Misskatonic says:
Yes! I was starting to think I was the only one who noticed it. This season looks terrible. I also had closed caption problems on this set. None of these things were problems before.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 7:32:35 AM PDT
Contact Paramount and they will fix your problem for you.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:51:11 AM PDT
C. Forman says:
Thanks, I'll try that.

Appending my earlier comment... I talked with a friend who bought Season 6 at the same time as me, and she was not able to skip the previews. We are both watching it on our Xbox 360 consoles, but I am using the Xbox remote while she is using the regular controller. Apparently that makes a difference.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:53:48 AM PDT
C. Forman says:
Paramount's response:

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry!

Unfortunately you have reached the online digital copy support for Paramount movies. We suggest that you take the DVD set back to the retail store where it was originally purchased for further assistance.

Thank You,
Paramountmovies.com
A Zukor LLC"

Eh well. Guess I'm exchanging it. Going to try it out in another player first, just to be sure.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:01:02 PM PDT
C. Forman says:
Okay, I can say with confidence now that there are 2 different versions. I had my friend bring one of her discs over, and I was unable to skip the previews on that one. But the picture quality is excellent just like the previous 5 seasons.

So it looks like you get to choose between an unskippable spoiler and Atari 2600 picture quality. I love you, Showtime.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:24:08 PM PST
I just started this and I'm having the same problem. I may have to buy another set just to get through it it's so bad.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 9:33:40 AM PST
I really wanted to buy this season but now i'm afraid to because of all the bad reviews about showtime messing so much up. Are all season 6 sets really either bad quality or you can't skip??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2013 9:40:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2013 9:41:59 AM PST
C. Forman says:
As far as I know, yes. But I bought S6 over a year ago so if they've had another production run they might have listened to the complaints and redone the opening trailers. My advice would be to put the disc in, mute the volume, and go do something else for 5 minutes until it hits the main menu, just in case.

If you get a set with atrocious video quality, Amazon will replace it. It's just a bit of a hassle since you have to send the bad set back first.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dexter: Season 6 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dexter: Season 6
Dexter: Season 6 by Michael C. Hall (DVD - 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars (996)