Customer Discussions > Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3 forum

For those waiting: Cerberus Network Code expires 01/01/12

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2011 1:44:25 PM PDT
noelbeast says:
I finally decided to purchase this game rather than wait for the price to drop down any lower, and thought I'd share that the Cerberus Network Code that comes with the game for the free Cerberus Network DLC expires on Jan. 1 2012.

The Cerberus Network DLC (retails for $14.99 on PSN), includes the digital comic to cover ME1, a new character and mission (Zaeed), new vehicle (hammerhead), new armor (Cerberus Assualt Armor), new weapon (M-22 Eviscerator Shotgun), apparently other new missions, and additional unique items, as a description reads.

I wasn't aware of this when I bought the game, don't think the info has already been posted on here (and if so, oops), but again, if you're waiting for a cheaper version of the game, don't wait too long unless you don't care about the code.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 8:20:37 PM PDT
Raul says:
I think the box says the digital comic comes with the game. I imagine they wouldn't be able to sell a game to you after Jan 1, 2012 saying on the box it has the comic but have inside an expired code. At the very least that would upset people a lot :-) Maybe come Jan 1, 2012 they'll just have a new set of Mass Effect 2 games like a GH

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 2:08:27 PM PDT
Thanks for posting this info. I was planning on getting this to fill in the time before Batman and Uncharted 3 come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2011 10:59:35 PM PDT
noelbeast says:
No problem, although Raul is right, the digital comic is included on the disc. Thanks for that correction!

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 2:55:52 PM PDT
Raul says:
Well I double checked the box art. I guess the digital comic could be tied into the online service, it's not explicit. If it was that would be a dirty trick. Well I guess it's already dirty having a online code like that expire in less then a year from release. Seriously is there any real reason to have an online code like this expire so early except out of greed? It's not like it's taking up store shelves. I'll probably not buy the game out of principle. That is unless the price lowers :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2011 6:47:03 PM PDT
noelbeast says:
I looked at the back of my copy of the game, and it seems to indicate that the digital comic is included on the disc. The description on the case reads:
"Includes:
-The complete Mass Effect 2 game
-Interactive back-story by dark horse comics
-Three action-packed bonus missions"

Below that is a box regarding the Cerberus Network (DLC with code that expires 01/01/12):
"Activate the Cerberus Network to access bonus downloadable content including weapons, armor, vehicle missions, and characters."

While this would lead me to conclude that the digital comic is included on the disc, it's a curious issue because the description on the PSN Store states that the digital comic is included with the Cerberus Network DLC, $14.99 without code.

Lastly, according to 1up.com and joystiq.com, the digital comic is in fact downloaded with the Cerberus Network DLC; thus, it will likely need to be paid for via the Cerberus Network DLC if you purchase the game after 01/01/12. Frankly, I find this annoying as well, as without the digital comic, PS3 gamers won't even have that chance to experience ME1's major plot choices without paying extra.

So, long story short, be safe and buy the game before it's too late! Even though it's hard to tell what the Cerberus Network DLC content actually entails while playing, it's still free before the end of the year, so why not get the game before it's too late?!

Thanks again to Raul for contributing to the discussion.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 6:48:38 AM PDT
Thanks for the 411 about the expiration date, I have been sitting on this game for awhile now. Maybe i'll get it for xmas.

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 9:40:09 AM PDT
PandA says:
Thanks guys. This certainly pushes up the time table of me getting this game.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 3:12:29 PM PDT
M. Weekley says:
sigh...I just want it a tad cheaper than 36.99 . last time I bought a bioware game (dragon age origins ultimate edition) it went down by 20 bucks within 2 weeks. I've been dying to try this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 8:51:29 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
Its $20, buy now!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2011 8:51:44 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
Its $20, buy now!

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 12:29:34 AM PDT
Waldo says:
$19.99 this week at Best Buy! Hurry!!!

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 9:26:32 AM PST
It's $20 on psn now.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 3:56:02 PM PST
PandA says:
It is $20 on Amazon, has been for a few weeks. Time to snatch it up.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:18:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 2:19:46 PM PST
Raul says:
That was really nice by amazon to suspend their sales of this item. EA should resolve this soon, I hope a company like this loses a good amount of sales by putting an arbitrary expiration code. I understand there might have been a good reason to put an expiration date but not one soo close in my opinion.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:29:35 AM PST
Does anyone know if the code is working? I see that amazon.com has allowed the sale again. I have an amazon gift card that is begging to be used for this game

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 8:08:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012 8:08:51 AM PST
Waldo says:
I heard the code still does work forgot what article, IGN maybe, if not they said something like call the EA number on the voucher that came with the game and they will allow an extension and make it valid.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 6:19:13 AM PST
Thanks Greg

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:22:54 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I ran into this problem when I purchased Uncharted 2 GotY edition. The expiration on the DLC stuff was like 10/30/2010 or something like that. I bought the game summer 2011. I tried the code anyway and it worked. Here is hoping that Mass Effect 2 is the same way. I can't pass it up for it's current price.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 5:47:44 PM PST
Krylancelo says:
I'm debating going for this game since I just played the demo today. I got through it and thought it was really fun. I just don't want to pay for the network and not get anything. I wonder if calling EA will help? I might get this game.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 7:47:23 PM PST
Waldo says:
I don't think you even have to call, it will just work! $20 bucks for the PS3 version of the game that has all the DLC that you had to pay extra for on the XBox version is a steal regardless!!

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 1:44:55 PM PST
P. Anderson says:
I just received my copy today and was still able to redeem the voucher code for the Cerberus Network on PSN. I played a bit of the game and so far it seems like $20 with or without the working code is still worth it!

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 6:09:50 PM PST
Book Babe says:
Purchased the game yesterday 1/26/2012 and the CN voucher code worked perfectly!

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 7:09:54 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 30, 2012 10:02:25 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 8:16:02 PM PST
J. Lumbreras says:
Well I just read about the code's expiration date as I'm currently installing ME2 game data on my PS3. I already had 1 and 2 on my PC but frankly I didn't want to deal with Origin service for ME3 (plus I don't own a 360). Once this data installs I'll get to see whether I have to pay $15 extra for a code that works...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  24
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3
Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (306)