Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > PS3 Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition forum

I thought I would get the "Racing Car Pack" with this!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2012 11:23:22 PM PDT
Okay, I bought this XL edition. I put in my code and received 3 downloads from the Playstation Store.

1. Racing Car Pack 2
2. Racing Car Pack Family Upgrade
3. Course Pack Family Upgrade

I did not get the first car pack OR the course pack! I Only got the "family upgrades" which let multiple PS3 users use the content. What is this nonsense?! Has this happened to anyone else? I want the DLC that other purchasers who have written reviews here seem to have gotten.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:09:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2012 6:13:44 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
YES happened to me too.. PLUS more....THis whole offer is a rip. Did you read the Bonus offer???????
Amazons marketing department will not grant me access to my free game. They blame Sony for writing this Bonus offer and will not change the way it is written.
And if your thinking that PlayStation Plus has FREE games and thats what they are referring to in this Bonus offer I beg to differ.
The free games you can play while your a PlayStation plus member are for anyone that is a member and ONLY work while you are a member. How is that a FREE game? Its not!

Plus the games PlayStation Plus offers for you to play free while your a member are GAMES....Not a GAME. So how can Amazon be referring to the games to play at PSN as a FREE game.

I would call Amazon. They sent me an email to contact their legal dept....But the numbers to contact the legal team tell you to contact another number which in turn tells you the number is not in service and to go to Amazon.com and contact customer service.
TALK about the proverbial RUN around. called Amazon to report this and they cant do a damn thing about it.

Thats the Amazon we know and love....

PS I am in communication with the Better Business Bureau and if that does not solve this isse then further action maybe taken. I urge you to contact Amazon first to see if they promise you what they did me and that was to take care of this if the marketing team does not and grant me Amazon credit to my account.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 12:45:03 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Please update! I'm curious to know what happens. And good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 7:28:52 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
Hi Greg, thus far Amazon has failed to respond to my second response to their first response via the Better Business Bureau.
I spoke with Lucia a Sony manager on May 17th and she continues to say that they are sending this info up the chain of command within Sony Corp.
I actually gave Sony my Password and case number with the BBB.
Amazon I know records all calls and I would think they would hold up to their promise to me to take care of me with a form or a credit to my account if they can not come up with a code for the FREE PSN game.

All in all this experience thus far has made me feel that Amazon does not care what is posted on their web pages as long as the customer buys the product. Of course this is false advertising and if you or I did this while selling a Sony product and Sony found out about this then we would be in big trouble. I know Sony and Amazon have a relationship, as on the PS3 you now see a permanent Icon to Amazon in regards to Prime customers and instant videos. I will keep you all updated. In the mean time if anyone gets this game and gets the Free PSN game or NOT please post here and or contact Amazon.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:50:04 AM PDT
Charlie D. says:
Amazon is a retailer. They don't decide what gets put in the box of a PS3 game. Not really sure what you expect Amazon to do, as it seems your gripe is really with Sony who are the ones not holding up their part of the bargain.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:14:53 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Actually Sony claims that they do not have a promo with Amazon for a free game..So if Amazon made a mistake and falsely advertised a FREE PSN game when you sign up for PlayStation Plus then Amazon who dangled the carrot needs to compensate and remove the Bonus promo or someone might get very angry and decide to do something about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 1:23:55 PM PDT
Well, the purpose of my post was simply to find out if this happened to anyone else.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:41:58 PM PDT
C. Freese says:
so Justin did you get what you were after? did you ever get your promised PSN free game too? Curious as I never did.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:16:56 PM PDT
F. Hamel says:
If you are a member of PSPlus, then you get free games each month. Those are the games that Amazon is referring to. And yes, you have to have an active PSPlus account to play the games. You can't sign up, get the games, cancel your account and be able to play them.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:49:41 PM PDT
L. Freese says:
Actually F Hamel the Bonus offer was not worded that way at all. It said sign up and get a free PSN game. It did not say FREE Playstation plus games to play as long as your a member.
For anyone including Amazon customer service reps that read the bonus offer they too agreed it says you get a free PSN game. Sony even agreed that is the way it was written.
Sony also said they do have offers like this with other companies but Amazon is not one of them. So Amazons marketing team GOOFED. They dangled the proverbial carrot and then did not fulfill their offer. I am glad to see that after complaining last week that the offer was still up that they have now removed it!

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 6:11:43 AM PDT
PandA says:
Seriously, have you guys ever purchased anything in the real world?

Just because YOU read it one way, that doesn't entitle you to what YOU want.

The offer clearly says SIGN UP FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS. If you, as a consumer, don't learn what that is or entails, then, as the consumer, that is on YOU.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 7:39:10 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
PS3 Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (925)