Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
if I play my i-pod through my receiver/amp can the G-17 connect as an additional set of speakers?
asked by Leigh Rounds on February 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
If your receiver is connected to the WiFi then it should work, but as part of the whole system. So, you might only hear it as a "left high", "Right Surround", etc... Not sure, but I bet there is a system/software out similar to Sonos that would give you the "sound through the house" effect I believe you're looking for.
Jeremiah Bailey answered on February 21, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think the upon can only stream to one airplay device. But form OS X/itunes, you can stream to multiple airplay enabled device...
Louis D. answered on February 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I doubt it - though you don't say how you connect to your receiver. Generally an iOS device can only play to one Airplay device at a time, or though the dock connector/ iTunes can play to multiple Airplay speakers and if your receiver is on the WiFi this could give you music from your main PC / Mac through your receiver and through the Klipsch at the same time. But I don't believe this can be done with music playing fro your iOS device itself.
David G answered on February 21, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't believe so. The G-17 is an airplay device and when AirPlay is in use the other outputs (earbud jack) is disabled and if your receiver is AirPlay I believe that your iPod will only sync with one device.
Barleyfair answered on February 21, 2013

A
From my experience, I would say no. When you switch to use an airport speaker, the iPod/iPhone/iPad no longer sends output to the earbud jack.
Scott answered on February 21, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product