Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

One time download? or can i download it any time in the future?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2012 9:19:09 PM PST
If i buy the downloaded version will i be able to re-install it on any of my future computers?

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 8:55:04 AM PST
2) Is constant Origin connection required or is it a single one off authentication when the game is first installed. Is there also a limit to the number of installations available?
Mass Effect 3 will require a one time, single authorization for the single player game. There is no limit to the number of installs. Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8975536

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:28:38 AM PST
Josh says:
Amazon makes their policy with game downloads very clear. If there is some type of DRM that limits the number of installs, and you run out of installs, Amazon will send you another code for the game, free of charge.

From right here on Amazon:

"Can I download and install to multiple computers?
For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately."

So just for future reference, even if a game does limit you, purchasing from Amazon will essentially give you unlimited installs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about