Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2010 9:14:19 AM PST
anyone know of any great time travel books

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 12:40:10 PM PST
See my post here for my recommendations:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/historical%20fiction/forum/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=82&cdPage=4&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx4AXB173HGECK&cdMsgID=Mx2E9RY73N0ZYK2#Mx2E9RY73N0ZYK2

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2010 9:35:19 AM PDT
WriterGal says:
Definitely Doomsday Book and To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis as well as Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Posted on May 28, 2010 1:09:40 PM PDT
Lisa M. says:
Well, if you don't mind me tooting my own horn, I think that The Side-Stepping Sci-Fi Writer is a pretty entertaining story. :-)

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 8:32:54 AM PDT
Jim Hastings says:
Dusty's Fort by Steven Field. Different.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 12:20:39 PM PDT
John Geddes says:
I think a Time Travel book should be credible and not always demanding the readers to willingly suspend their disbelief. A Familiar Rain (Amazon KIndle e-books) is a very believable novel based on Wilder Penfield's electric needling experiments. Like Crighton's Timeline, there's some credible science behind it.

Posted on May 19, 2011 1:18:17 PM PDT
Zenei says:
Can someone PLEASE recommend a really good time-travel romance? The only one I've read is "A Knight in Shing Armor by Jude Devereux. It was actually pretty good but I want to read one with more depth, character development and plot by a writer with exceptional skills. Is that asking to much?

Posted on May 30, 2011 2:56:19 PM PDT
lydonkey says:
ZENEI: You might check out the entire series by Diana Gabaldon. A female contemporary (1945) "time traveler" and a Swashbuckling-Scots-Highlander-Warrior tale. The series runs (at least, might be more by now, I eventually quit it) at least 5 volumes encompassing darn near 5000 pages. It was "romantic" but also darn entertaining with good historical story lines, lots of intrigue, battles and politics thrown in. Some engaging characters, especially the love struck heroine and her dashing and hard-nosed Scotsman. Try the first 1000 pages in "Outlander" and see if you get hooked, since it makes sense to start at the beginning! Hope you enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 8:23:00 AM PST
check out Stephen Kings 11-22-1963

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:27:01 AM PST
You could always try The Time Machine by H G Wells, its pretty good!

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 1:18:01 PM PST
Joan says:
The highlander series by ly kurtland
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
To Say Nothing of the Dog
To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis (Hardcover - December 1, 1997)
4.3 out of 5 stars (594)