tom cruise to play Jack Reacher?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 95 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2011 6:11:32 PM PDT
Is this a joke? Have been hearing that tc will play Reacher in the first movie to be made of one of the series titles. This is the WORST casting decisions I have ever heard of. Jack is at least a foot taller than that midget tom cruise (plus he is not a very good actor) and I doubt they make shoe lifts that large.I know I will not pay to see such a stupid waste of film. Come on Hollywood...get someone good-looking and TALL who will bring Reacher to the screen!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 4:44:43 PM PDT
J. Compton says:
Exactly my thought. I am hard pressed to think of someone LESS suited for this role. This has got to be a joke... NO way!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011 8:46:27 AM PDT
Liam Neeson would make a good Jack Reacher

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 1:31:42 PM PDT
He doesn't fit Jack Reacher's image.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011 4:13:11 PM PDT
Allen says:
Tom Cruise would be the absolute worst casting decision for Reacher. The character needs someone who is not a pretty boy, has a grit to their charateristics, and also has a french european influence. Maybe Jason Statham would be okay, but never Tom Cruise.

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 10:25:59 AM PDT
Christine says:
Sad day for Reacher Creatures.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 9:43:23 PM PDT
No freakin' way!! There are so many better choices to cast in the role of Jack Reacher, Tom Cruise is all wrong! He is to short and to pretty boy to play Jack. They need somebody taller and rougher! Plus Reacher is blond!

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 12:42:47 PM PDT
Jan Pringle says:
OMG. What a nightmare that would be.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 3:52:28 PM PDT
Jane D'oh says:
I would never waste my money to see that freak TC...he couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Many, many more suitable actors to play Reacher. How about Gerard Butler...he's 6'2". Even Ben Affleck is 6'2.5"! And both of them can ACT!! Please, PLEASE don't ruin Reacher before he even makes it to the screen!

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 12:30:26 AM PDT
Shea Inslee says:
I read online that Tom Cruise is locked in for the role as Jack... whoever made that casting call is the biggest dunce on the planet! When I think of Reacher, Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) or Gerard Butler is the image I see in my mind. I will never see a movie with TC cast as Reacher and I cant imagine any real fan of the books would also, it would ruin the image we've grown to love. Johnson can play a hard-nosed badass like no one else... he'd be my pick hands down!

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 5:12:31 PM PDT
Shea: I concur -- Dwayne Johnson would make a great Reacher! My suggestion: Viggo Mortensen. Does anyone else out there have a candidate?

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 10:49:27 AM PDT
Viola says:
Clive Owen though not blond has the bad boy/good boy thing.
Vinnie Jones definitely has the vibe!
Brad Pitt - remember Fight Club, Snatch, Inglorious Bastards
Even Colin Farrell or Mark Walburg would be better than the terminally insipid Cruise.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2011 4:06:06 PM PDT
stkhlder3 says:
Please Please Please tell me this is April 1st! There is no way TC could be Jack Reacher!!!!!!! I am thinking Ben Affleck would be good, Harrison Ford, in his younger years, but he would make a good older Jack Reacher, or Reacher's Dad?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2011 4:57:21 PM PDT
Shea Inslee says:
Nope, not april fools... TC owns 50% share in the company producing the movie, so he made sure he got the role. It's like John Goodman playing Ghandi... its just that bad of a casting call, TC is a buffoon!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2011 5:24:32 PM PDT
Sam Elliot

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 10:26:18 AM PDT
Unbelievable. Reacher is a man's man, not a pretty boy.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2011 11:10:03 AM PDT
Shea Inslee says:
He's also not a midget. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2011 9:54:49 PM PDT
agree - good grief!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2011 9:56:00 PM PDT
Oh yes - I thought of him, too!!

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 1:58:42 AM PDT
Jane D'oh says:
I can't help but wonder what Lee Child thinks of this. Can you imagine trying to read future Reacher books without seeing Tom Cruise ???? I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth. YUCK. NASTY!

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 7:27:27 AM PDT
Jan Pringle says:
If it's really going to be that pathetic Tom Cruise, I'm not going. I won't spend a cent to have my image of Jack Reacher sullied forever. I'll stay home and reread all the books.
Poor Lee Child... my condolences to him and all my fellow fans. This really is the end of Jack Reacher.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2011 7:30:39 AM PDT
Jan Pringle says:
I've saw a fellow walking down the street yesterday and I stopped in my tracks with my mouth gaping open. I thought OMG it's Jack Reacher. I think it would take an unknown actor without a prior image to overcome to play the part.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 9:37:06 AM PDT
dlswen717 says:
Linda Swenston

I think Mark Valley would be a perfect Reacher.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 11:38:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 11:39:23 AM PDT
My thoughts exactly!!!...and it's not just the fact that I won't go,..I simply can't in good conscience go to see that movie. I value my owne time too much !! It would totally destroy Reacher and ruin the most fun I have had reading in a very long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 11:46:24 AM PDT
Agree ! Shoe lifts nothing,..he would need stilts and everyone else in the movie would still need to be less than 5- 4 . don't even like to think about this being true . It's just too insulting on so many levels.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  70
Total posts:  95
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about