toner trick Can you still use the toner trick on this product? Where you put black tape over the little windows on the side of the toner to print a couple of hundred extra pages?
asked by Jerry C. Liu on March 20, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
At some point when the printer has low toner, it will lock you out of printing. If you press "GO" seven times, the lockout is released and you can keep printing until you actually run out.
Sean Doonan answered on May 3, 2011
Comments (5) | 69 of 72 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just tried hitting go 7 times and that seems to have done the trick nicely. The toner light is still on, but the lock seems to have been released and my document printed.
Bake Crafters Food Company answered on August 15, 2011
Comment | 30 of 30 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pushing "Go" button 7 times really works. No tapes needed, just push 7 times! Then, replace the toner when you actually start seeing fading inks on papers.
Amazon Customer answered on September 4, 2011
Comment | 22 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Had the same issue toner light on after using non brother toner
I pressed the GO button 7 times, worked fine, except the printer reinstalled and went offline.
Had to reset the printer to get it to print.
Apparently I read that leaving printer in continoius mode can eventually ruin the drum unit.
This will happen when the new toner is used up and the old toner starts to recycle.
Here are the instructions from Brother.
**************************************************************************************
You can continue printing with the toner cartridge beyond its estimated print life by enabling "Continue Mode".
Continue Mode will force the machine to continue printing after the Toner LED is on or the Status Monitor message indicates Replace Toner.
Poor print quality may occur when using Continue Mode to print beyond the rated life of the toner cartridge.
Since Continue Mode allows the toner cartridge to continue to print beyond the estimated life of the cartridge, print quality cannot be guaranteed while printing in this mode.
While in Continue Mode, the Toner LED will continue to flash or be on and the Status Monitor will continue to indicate the status of the toner cartridge by displaying the Toner Low, Replace Toner, or Toner Ended messages.
The Toner and Error LEDs which are on or the Status Monitor message Toner Ended indicates that Continue Mode was enabled to force the machine to continue printing after the toner cartridge reached the end of its estimated life and now the maximum operational life of the toner cartridge has been reached. The toner cartridge needs to be replaced with a new genuine Brother toner cartridge.
For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
When a new toner cartridge is installed, this mode will be automatically turned off.
To enable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash twice, and the Ready LED should turn on. Continue mode is now enabled.
To disable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash once. Continue mode is now disabled.
notmyname answered on September 29, 2012
Comment | 23 of 23 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think so. Instead, download the BRAdmin light application, then go to Control -> Device Home Page -> Printer Settings -> (Scroll down) Replace Toner -> Continue.
Cedric answered on April 2, 2011
Comment (1) | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Press go 7 times or go into system preferences on your mac or control panel on PC and the go to the printer webpage.Then go to the printer settings page. There on the very bottom of the page go to replace toner and set it to continue.
Ned answered on July 20, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When the toner is low you can also take out the cartridge and slide the green plastic slider back and forth a few times to get some extra pages. I've tried it and it works pretty good. By the way I love this printer!!!
biojoe answered on March 18, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hitting go 7 times did not work for me. The ready light is green not blinking etc and it still does not work.
T. ross answered on July 23, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not think this works if you are running the wireless. BRAdmin light has never shown my printer
regardless of searching for it many times.
T. ross answered on July 23, 2011
Comment (1) | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9qUeH1AVU
Ladybird answered on September 20, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›