Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable forum

Can I use this to transfer from my 120GB elite to the new 250GB slim?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2010 10:53:30 AM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
Does any one know if this (or another product) would let me transfer all my saved stuff from 1 xbox to another. I have a 120GB elite, and I want to get a 250gb slim

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 11:23:00 AM PDT
James Owens says:
I think you'll need the software and. from what I can tell, this does not have it. The Microsoft store sells the cable with software for the same price.

Posted on Aug 10, 2010 5:55:06 AM PDT
VTHokiEE says:
I'm pretty sure this is what you need. It is the same model number as what Microsoft says is required. I believe the new Slims might not need the disk to do the transfer as the software is already on them. To be sure on model numbers, check the Xbox.com forums and they'll explain is pretty clearly.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2010 2:21:00 AM PDT
Hiruu says:
360S already have the software loaded on them, so you just need the cable.

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 10:35:39 AM PDT
Yes, you can. I had the same question so I called Microsoft. They told me that the cable doenloads all data from old to the new 360 slim.
But there are small downsides to the wire. A very small one is that you you can't transfer data from one slim to another slim. Another small downside is you can't pick which data you want to transfer. Its everything or nothing.

The biggest downside is that there is all small chance it may not transfer all data. But microsoft told me that 90 percent of all customers where able to transfer all data.

If you have an old xbox 360, I personally have a 2006 that overheats all the time, don't let the data thing stop you from buying the slim

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011 1:49:23 PM PST
A. Omolafe says:
I know this is late, but actually I just did this transferred from my 120gb elite harddrive (my falcon elite bricked) to my new 250gb slim. nice and easy, but there was no software included with the cable, just the instructions. It was very easy and it DOES allow you to pick what you want to transfer and every thing is separated into themes, games, demos, etc., and you can go in to each bracket and pick and choose what you want to transfer. It was nice and easy.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 8:39:44 AM PDT
SunaBouzu says:
if I transfer from my 120gb elite hd to a new 250gb slim . . will all the DLC (from some limited edition games) be transfered???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 9:08:23 PM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
Yes you can transfer everything from your old elite to your new slim with this cable. I was very happy with how easy it was. There are a couple prompts and you can decide which DLC or saves to transfer.

Posted on May 5, 2011 12:45:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2011 12:49:26 PM PDT
D. Kerr says:
Honestly, I'd buy the 4gb model, remove the existing 120gb hdd from its enclosure, and pop that puppy right into the new xbox. No need to transfer, saved $100 :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 10:12:13 AM PDT
N. Rios says:
your so ignorant of other facts, the new Xbox 3060 Slim has a DIFFERENT hard drive so if you want to transfer the data from your old hdd to the new one you need this cable.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 7:53:30 PM PDT
G. Trujillo says:
Does anyone know if the Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable will transfer all my Original Xbox 1 content like my Halo 2 multiplayer map packs etc.?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable
Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars (430)