Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Will this 4TB USB3 drive transfer at thunderbolt speeds if plugged into the seagate thunderbolt dock?
[UPDATED] asked by Cape Blues on February 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
As far as I know, Yes.
L. Le answered on February 15, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Carefull, it didn't work at all with my computer.
Lois Croft answered on February 15, 2013

A
I've got mine hooked up to USB 3 connection (VERY fast) but according to what the instructions say it works at thunderbolt speeds if you use the thunderbolt adapter cord. I'm not sure about the dock.
onokapu answered on February 15, 2013

A
That's what the details tell me.
Daniel Rodriguez answered on February 15, 2013

A
Yes it is capable of this although some have had issues in particular applications. Contact Seagate if you have problems: they have always been very helpful to me in resolving issues with their drives.
Happy Reader answered on February 16, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It will work only as fast as the drive itself can transfer data. Thunderbolt's throughput is much higher than what a hard drive can transfer data at, there is no way around that. So, to rephrase it, you will theoretically see the fastest transfers the drive is capable of. A solid state hard drive will be significantly faster than a conventional hard drive.
bakamitai answered on August 31, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product