As a travel lens I am a student traveling to europe this summer and I'm looking for a good wide lens that fits well, works well in low light and is going to be good at shooting candites as well as travel & landscape photography with my d3000 camera. I really like this lens, I love bokeh but i am concerned that the shallow depth of field will take away from the travel images which will need a wider depth. (hopefully this makes sense) has anybody used this for travel photography and would recommend it? could somebody recommend a better lens for me?
asked by Camera Bug on March 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
votes
I'm not sure if I understand your concern of DOF issue with 1.8, but you can always change your aperture to 8~9 and it will show details of your back-ground. But If I were you I would take a 18-200mm instead. covering wide to fairly good zoom unless you are planning to do dark inside building pics. That's just my 2 cents.
Mr. Sam J. Yoon answered on April 10, 2012

A
votes
I'd take this 50mm f1.8, plus a zoom of some sort to provide the wide angle and telephoto. Or carry a capable point and shoot as a complement.
David L. answered on August 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›