did they fix the issue where unit will often Tracks steps while travelling in vehicles? (as it reported in Fitbit Ultra Wireless)
asked by Mobarak A. Budwailah on November 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I wear my fitbit all the time. I have never had it track mileage when I am driving. Your body is generally stationary while driving and since fitbit isn't GPS oriented this should not be an issue. I am sure Fitbit staff can explain it much better than I did but mine tracks my mileage accurately. Love my fitbit!
Alyson Rice answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As far as I have noticed after having it for almost 2 weeks, the One doesn't count steps, distance, or altitude changes (that's how it tracks floors climbed, 1 "floor" = 10 feet up) while in a vehicle.
Amazon Customer answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. I travel with mine every day (over 100 miles) and my step count doesn't change while I'm in the car. The Fitbit is pretty accurate.
Jayhawkinva answered on November 6, 2012

A
Hello, it has been fixed my job consists of driving many miles a day and my readings have not been inflated due to travel.
Jamal A. Taylor answered on November 5, 2012

A
I have not experienced the One tracking steps while driving at all
Kacy answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
for the day or so I had it - it seemed to be counting steps accurately... even when I was driving
Amazon Junkie answered on November 5, 2012

A
I never had that issue with any of my fitbits.
Patrick Danforth answered on November 5, 2012

A
I just got my Fitbit One, and it tracked thousands of steps on our trip to Disneyland today (June, 2014). The car was a smooth ride, too. There's a couple workarounds, but it will entail remembering to either log driving as an activity and the amount of time or else getting the Drivebit app and using it.
Patti Cake answered on June 24, 2014

A
I had one bsck in June for a week. I ended up returning it because it would track hundreds of steps every time I was in a car. And it wasn't a bumpy ride or anything. It did the same thing when I was flying on a plane and all I was doing was sleeping.
CB answered on September 7, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product