Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2013 7:47:19 AM PDT
S. Rubin says:
If you dont have Dtv It says you get regular season (17 weeks) trial wtf does that mean.

Posted on May 17, 2013 8:15:57 AM PDT
I'm wondering this as well. I have DISH, and am not swapping back to DirecTV because I don't want to. So if I do this Madden deal can I use the voucher to get Sunday Ticket for PC for the season? Or does DirecTV somehow check to see if I am eligible for service and deny me Sunday Ticket if I won't join their service?

It says that voucher works for those "who can't get DirecTV service"... well what about those people "who don't want to get DirecTV service"?

This preorder deal is pointless unless you are planning to sign up for DirecTV this summer anyway.

Posted on May 17, 2013 8:22:03 AM PDT
C. Paglia says:
@ Srubin:
It says in the fine print It is a trial because you have to pay for the service the following year. So they lock you into a 2 year contract where year 1 is free but you have to pay full price for year 2.
@ Jarrod:
You can watch Sunday ticket on Tablets, or PC. NO DirecTV subscription is required! "Can't Get" and "Won't get" is the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2013 8:33:56 AM PDT
You sure about this? If I can find comfirmation on it I'll be all over this deal. But if I drop $100 on this game, then can't watch Sunday Ticket on my PC as a DISH subscriber, I'll be highly upset. Where is the "fine print" you speak of?

Posted on May 17, 2013 9:30:45 AM PDT
C. Paglia says:
Ok I just saw Amazon put up the information about the deal. (This must have gone up Within the last few minutes because that was NOT there when I posted my comment. I read about this on:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/15/4327970/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-free-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-exclusive#
And one of the commenters posted about the fine print with having to pay for the 2nd year...)
Anyway, a truly sweet deal this is!

Posted on May 17, 2013 2:56:57 PM PDT
Li5htsOut says:
ok, I have comcast cable now and I'm eligible for Directv, but I am not interested at all in switching. So, because I am ABLE to have Directv services, will this prevent me from accessing the Sunday Ticket promo that comes with the game? I want to buy the game anyway, but not necessarily the anniversary edition, so I don't want to spend $100 if I don't know for sure that I will be able to watch Sunday Ticket on my PC or tablet. Thanks for the help.

Posted on May 17, 2013 3:51:13 PM PDT
Descepticon says:
Watch it on your PS3, I watched the whole NFL season last year on it. You don't need Direct TV to get Sunday ticket.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2013 5:33:25 PM PDT
Where is the the fine print?

Posted on May 17, 2013 5:39:21 PM PDT
J. Vickery says:
This thing is pretty much a scam any way you slice it ;)

Posted on May 17, 2013 8:40:32 PM PDT
Todd H says:
After some research, this specifically answers the main question. You get a separate code for computer, tablets, and phone Sunday Ticket, and DO NOT need Directv. I'm sold.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/anniversary-edition
" Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?
No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices."

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2013 10:44:59 PM PDT
S. Rubin says:
But some say you agree to a 2nd year at full price. Do we have confirmation of that?

Posted on May 17, 2013 11:19:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2013 11:19:51 PM PDT
This idea that it's a trial but you have to subscribe to the 2nd year just doesn't make sense, that's not what a trial means. I'm thinking it means trial because it does NOT automatically charge you for the next year like a regular subscription to Sunday Ticket does. I don't know that for sure and I haven't found any "fine print" on the issue but just logically that seems to be what it's saying. Yes, yes, I know the jokes about logic and DIRECTTV or the NFL but take it for what it's worth. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2013 8:51:57 AM PDT
Bailey Boyle says:
so you get sunday ticket for the 17 weeks of the seasons, which does not include playoffs or superbowl

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2013 8:52:30 AM PDT
Bailey Boyle says:
you will be able to watch it online, computer, tablet or mobile phone

Posted on May 18, 2013 4:46:39 PM PDT
Listen up, this is what you get:

1 - If you're not a directv subscriber you get a season of Sunday ticket on your computer/phone/tablet. Nowhere else. Not on your Xbox, not on your PS3, nowhere else. It does not lock you into a 2nd year of service.

2 - if you are a subscriber to Directv *AND* already pay for Sunday Ticket basic, this will upgrade you to the next level of service that adds access on computers/phones/tablets.

3 - if you are a subscriber to Directv but do *NOT* want to pay for Sunday Ticket, this code will allow you access to ST on computers/phone/tablets only.

4 - If you are not a subscriber to Directv but want to be, this code will give you 10 dollars a month off your basic Directv service *AND* a year of Sunday Ticket for free, which is viewable on your TV. This option requires a 2 year commitment to Directv, but *NOT* a 2 year commitment to Sunday Ticket.

Posted on May 18, 2013 10:56:38 PM PDT
Hopeur18 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2013 10:53:41 AM PDT
Dangerbird says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 12:15:25 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
I believe what you meant to say is "All of those games are on *regional* network television..." I live in Ohio but want to see every Packer game, can't turn on Fox here and see them play if Browns/Bengals/Steelers/Colts/Lions are playing at the same time....

Sunday ticket or a local bar (with Sunday ticket) is the only way to reliably see every game for me. Sure I could try to stream online through some pirate site but the cat and mouse game you play makes it frustrating and usually the quality is pretty crap.

Even if I didn't get Madden with it, $99 for Sunday ticket to my PC/Phone is WAY cheaper than spending 16 weeks sitting in a bar paying $5 per beer and buying $10-20 worth of food so I can watch....

The last two years I paid the full price for PS3 streaming, this is a hell of a deal.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 12:16:29 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
All playoff and Superbowl games are broadcast nationally over the air. Buy a $10 antenna and plug it in...

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 12:17:50 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
I am pretty certain that "Trial" is used to indicate you are not getting the full blown DirecTV service. They are not going to send a dish, receiver, remote, and install tech out to your house to get you hooked up. It's a limited trial access to the Sunday Ticket program.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2013 12:19:32 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
they have to call it a trial because it is not the same as full blown Sunday Ticket using a dish/receiver. The only difference is you are not getting the dish/receiver, you are only able to stream over the internet on select devices. PC, some tablets, some phones, etc....

Posted on May 20, 2013 12:23:14 PM PDT
G. Warren says:
Last year I paid for the streaming Sunday Ticket service, and DirecTV blacked out every Lions game in my area. Every other game worked. I live in Columbus, Ohio, NOT Detroit or anywhere near Detroit. DirecTV couldn't figure it out, we couldn't figure it out, eventually they refunded the cost of the streaming service, but it was still an enormous frustration and letdown.

Posted on May 21, 2013 9:23:50 AM PDT
Sky Reader says:
I have Direct TV and have been buying the Sunday Ticket Max service for a couple of years now. So someone please correct me if I wrong, but my best bet would be to downgrade this year to the basic Sunday ticket package, then buy the new Anniversary Madden and use the code to upgrade back to the Max package. It will save me about $35 net, comparing the basic vs max and when compared to the cost to buy the "better" Madden. Am I right on this thinking?

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2013 11:04:49 AM PDT
K. Johnson says:
You're right Sky Reader. I have been paying for Sunday Ticket for the last few years and I'm not going to this year. I will just stream it through my PC and watch it on my TV. I think it is well worth the cost. Especially if you have great connection speeds on your internet. Yes, if you have the basic sunday ticket package, this upgrade will give you the ability to stream games on your PC or phone (which is the sunday ticket max package). I actually prefer to stream it, because there are times when we are getting heavy snow and my sat dish drops out.

Posted on May 21, 2013 12:16:51 PM PDT
Mook says:
But will this trial come with the coaches tape feature?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  47
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  May 17, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition with NFL Sunday Ticket -Xbox 360
Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition with NFL Sunday Ticket -Xbox 360 by EA Sports (Xbox 360)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (466)