Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
how to turn on 120hz on this TV? Anyone can tell me how to turn on 120hz? I have setted Automotion Plus to medium, but when i play my ps3. it still said 1080p and 60hz.
asked by K. Chan on May 8, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I was also wondering, as I got my tv yesterday and hi def time warner cable today. I also put it on 120hz. So, can anyone tell me when and how to benefit from this feature? Also would appeciate any recs on sound system- not too expensive to add to tv, and what to go with blue-ray or other high def DVD player..thanks.
Tori answered on July 2, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just so you know, most sources that that have calibration set ups on them tell you to turn the Auto Motion Plus OFF. I'm sure during some things it is good, but when watching a movie with it on it actually creates what is called the soap opera effect. It makes everyone seem like they are moving just to slow due to the extra frames the tv is making. When watching movies you dont even want to use the Auto Motion Plus feature.
Ronald Benson answered on January 8, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You have to switch to 'movie' option. Thant's how you activate "Auto Motion Plus 120Hz" feature. Read manual anyway.
Artur Lubera answered on January 1, 2009
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been having this TV for over 2 weeks now. However I cannot see 'Set the Auto Motion Plus 120Hz' option under 'Picture Options'(Even if I scroll down). I did see that option on my first day and it has disappeared now. Samsung Tier 2 tech support told me that the option comes up only if I have a cable box which I dont. Howevr I am surprised as I did see it earlier without the cable box. Does anybody have any idea?
Rajesh answered on August 10, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't..but, even though I have it turned on, I don't think there are any programs in existence at this time that change with a 120 frame rate..if I'm wrong about it, I'd love to know..Good luck..Check the how to guide that comes with your tv if you haven't already..Sorry I can't be more helpful..
Tori answered on August 10, 2008

A
"turn the Auto Motion Plus OFF"
Does that include blue-ray which, from what I've read is the only device that can take advantage of the 120hz setting at this time? At least without the soap opera effect.
Mike F. Brondstetter answered on January 11, 2009

A
D. Zaccardo answered on January 19, 2009

A
Krissi answered on January 22, 2009

A
The panel refreshes at 120hz you can't turn it on/off. When you see "60hz" on the screen it's because that's what the source is, so far there are no 120hz sources.
David answered on August 11, 2008
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1080p/60Hz refers to the source input, the TV is telling you that's the signal it is receiving -- and the input doesn't change when 120 Hz is on.
Mark Twain answered on June 3, 2008
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product