Light turning from red to green while in use? HSI 1" CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER Free 5 ml bottle of Argain Oil Leave In Hair Treatment

I ordered this flat iron and received it today. I have not washed and dried my hair yet, so I was trying it out on my dry wavy hair this evening. It is working in some spots and not others. I am wondering why the "ready" green light keeps going off while I am using and turning to red? I have been using a cheaper flat iron that did not have a "ready" light, so I don't know if this is normal with use. I also walked to my bedroom to get something and returned and it was switching then from red to green even when I wasn't using it. It still feels hot, but I don't now if this is normal??? I need to know if I need to return or not?
asked by Leslie on March 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I think it's normal, actually. I have an iron that does the same thing-- I think it heats it up to the temp you set, and then stops actively heating it for a while, and then has to heat it back up once you lose some of the heat with use/letting it sit there. I'm no expert, but that's my two cents!
Amazon Customer answered on November 7, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The light changes as the temperature changes. You can change the temperature to suit your need or hair type. So the light indicates when it is has heated up to the temperature you've set it to. If the temperature drops the light goes on to let you know it is quite ready to use yet. It works like any thermostat (turns on and off based on the temperature you've set).
Dlite answered on January 27, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
-
Melissa A answered on April 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Having the same problem. I hate it!
S. Thomason answered on July 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Me too - mine also has a gap between the ceramic plate's bottom edge and the body of the iron and my hair is getting caught and ripping . oh i bought the one that is outragiously priced at $89 but on sale for
30 something : this is deceptive practice charging so much more for the one listed as "dual voltage" when the cheaper one is also dual voltage.
InDC answered on August 8, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine also does this. I was reading reviews to see if anyone else had this problem. May be sending it back, don't think it is normal. I think it is supposed to turn green when ready and stay green.
d.bean answered on April 20, 2012
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›