can a turntable be hooked up to this receiver? Also would I be able to hook my macbook up to it to play my itunes library and what cables would I need to accomplish this? Also a suggestion for some inexpensive but decent bookshelf speakers. Was looking at the Sony 1000 and 3000.
asked by R. Olivarez on December 31, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
a turntable will need its own preamp, or a separate one to act as a go between. Will work in any rca inputs once a preamp is in place. I bought a 20 dollar pyle pro PP444 mini pre-amp on amazon and it works just fine for my turntable which is a vintage pioneer model -PLS40. I have both the SS1000 and SS3000 sony speakers. Obviously the 3000s are better, but make sure you have room as they are big for bookshelf speakers. They are only about 29 dollars more, so well worth it, if you have the space. I use the 1000s as surround speakers as they are easily wall mounted with brackets. I also have a pair of SS6000 floor speakers, which have very true sound, but not very efficient compared to the JBL monitor speakers from the 1970s I just picked up at an estate sale. They don't make them like they used to apparently, although it make be unfair to compare sony to JBL.
PhillyChris answered on May 11, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product