Customer Discussions > The Twilight Saga Collection forum

twilight-esque books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2009 10:24:51 PM PDT
Im looking to read something like Twilight, romantic, suspenseful. I love the books so much and re-reading them will only satisfy for so long! I dont like vamp hunter stories or anything too teen-oriented. Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 10, 2009 8:13:46 AM PDT
Maybe you could try the Sword of Truth series. There are absolutely no vampires, there's a fair bit of suspense, and while there is plenty of romance, you have to wait a bit for it to get moving.

Posted on Nov 27, 2009 3:39:00 PM PST
Fere says:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/20MSCZJ1I9I33/ref=cm_syt_DYNA_f_2_russss1?pf_rd_p=498060311&pf_rd_s=sylt-center&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0152166696&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YJ8PTAXVKD19ZD9TCBS

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 8:12:06 PM PDT
If you're looking for romantic and suspenseful, I HIGHLY recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! 2 are out already, and the 3rd is just around the corner (August).

Kristan
kristanhoffman.com - writing dreams into reality

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2010 8:30:13 AM PDT
You'll love Vampire Angel. It's new and different, but like Twilight. Adults will like it too. You can read the first chapter at www.reussiemiliardario.com.

Posted on Jul 5, 2010 8:26:23 PM PDT
If you don't mind an author's suggestion, you might enjoy my vampire series ALMOST HUMAN.

Volume 1 - Fatal Infatuation
Volume 2 - Lost Reflections
Volume 3 - Evolving Ecstasy

You can read free sample chapters on website:

www.MelanieNowak.com

ALMOST HUMAN ~ The First Trilogy
"In this paranormal fantasy, chapters alternate between a vampire and a young woman, as they join an ensemble cast to navigate difficulties of addiction and desire; perils of zombies and vampires; and struggles with abuse, morality and... college."

The series is available in Kindle & paperback. Thanks for your consideration - I hope you like it :-)

~ Melanie

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 1:58:10 PM PST
So this is kind of an old discussion but if your looking for a good romance..i would suggest "love Unscripted. The characters are well developed, the plot is believable, the story is unique, the romance is real, and there is going to be a sequal.
I was hooked after the first page and the story is so relateable. The romance is gushy. Its a little more descript then in Twilight but still tastefull. I cant wait for the next book and im sure once you read it, you wont be able to either. LOVE UNSCRIPTED was an awsome read!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2010 1:51:06 PM PST
Oh yes. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this trilogy. I have read all the books that are currently out and cant wait to see what happens with Falicity and Cain. Having a hard time trying to figure out how I feel about the whole Ben thing. I don't want the guy to get his feelings hurt cuz he is a real sweet guy but, Hey! she loved Cain first and Cain really loves her! I recommend this book to anyone cuz it gets a 10 on a scale of 1-10.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2010 12:43:09 PM PST
Twilighter - Thanks so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed all the books!
I'm currently working on the next book: "Descendant of Darkness", which will be released next year. I hope you've also joined my website: www.MelanieNowak.com. I'll be posting some sneak peaks there from the new book, when it's a bit further along ;-)

~ Melanie Nowak
ALMOST HUMAN ~ The First Trilogy ~ 3-in-1 Bundle
Born To Blood: Volume ~ ALMOST HUMAN ~ The Second Trilogy

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 11:59:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2012 12:00:02 PM PST
This was good for me. It has a spin in that it is about a man who thinks he is a real vampire as opposed to the typical superhuman kind. Rise of the Maiden - Blood and Venom. He kidnaps a baby and raises her in victorian london. She escapes and the book is about her life on the run from this bad guy.Rise of the Maiden - Blood and Venom
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Saga Collection
The Twilight Saga Collection by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - October 15, 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,830)