Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2007 5:29:26 PM PST
Minnie M says:
Hi people, I have to questions about this book, the first one is has anyone actually tried any of the recipes? I want to but the book is so insane I wasn't sure if they were actual recipes.

My second question is did anyone else get a bookmark that came inside the book? When I took mine out at home a bookmark fell out that has a picture of a peach pit on the front and inside it says something about having a Merry Spicy Christmas on it and something about the bookends on page 277. It looks sort of homemade but it also looks similar to the style of the book. I was hoping that it was just some random person who likes to make things and stick them in books in the bookstore:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2007 10:07:36 AM PST
Yes! She makes a big deal about the fact that the book is NOT a joke cookbook, so all of the recipes are real. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2007 2:43:43 PM PST
Minnie M says:
Oh wow, thanks for the reply. hee hee I can't wait to try some of the recipes!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2008 6:53:17 PM PST
Ellie Lief says:
So far I've made Gina's Hot Buttered Spiced Nuts (not sure what Amy called them, but they're all those things) and the Baked Alaska, which included making Aunt Somebody's Brownies. Everything was great. I had some quibble with the nuts recipe, but they turned out so well I don't even remember what my issue was. Some of the recipes, frankly, could have used a more thorough trip through the test kitchen, but when taken in the overall spirit of the book, they are fun and doable.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I Like You
I Like You by Amy Sedaris (Hardcover - 2007)
4.4 out of 5 stars (375)