Customer Discussions > Saints Row IV forum

u are dead to me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2013 9:26:10 PM PDT
Ana Marchena says:
Saints row has been great for me and a lot of other people But turning on April fool's joke into a DLC then into a $60 is really a lot of BS . Think how it revolves around the fans

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:04:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2013 1:09:31 PM PDT
Shane says:
I hear ya, but it's not just the DLC you're playing, you're playing a full on sequel w/the DLC tied in. However, something ALOT of fans complained about was how SRIII pulled away from it's roots & ruined the franchise. Though seeing the trailer/gameplay for IV, it's still wacky & over the top nonsense. UPDATE 8/1: Actually, "Enter the Dominatrix" is going to be DLC for SRIV instead of being tied in w/the main game. It'll be released roughly 45 days after the games release. Also, you can buy the season pass for $10/800mp.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 10:45:00 AM PDT
GameGurl says:
I'll be buying this game, but won't be buying the DLC for it!

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 9:32:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2013 9:32:50 PM PDT
Adam Turner says:
I won't be buying this game, I will get it from gamefly might keep it from there who knows. all because they want to run their mouth about supporting the possible new xbox not allowing used games. not allowing used games will be the end of games like saints. causing gamefly to go out of business is losing sales that they would never have, because if i have to pick between saints or gta, i am going gta. used games allow people who wouldn't buy non sense games a chance to play them and possibly buy DLC like i have done, also again games are sold to gamefly to let them rent.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 9:38:16 AM PDT
B. Dunn says:
Lol and you running your mouth on rumors is different?

Posted on May 3, 2013 10:28:23 AM PDT
@Adam Turner

And it's people like you who hurt the game industry, if you love a developers game then support it. Don't go to gamestop and buy it used for $5 less, spend the extra $5 for games you love to ensure that more are made. If you get a game on gamefly that you really like, try supporting the developer in any way you can such as maybe buying DLC while you still have it and play it, before you return it. Also, I highly doubt the next Xbox would reject used games, I think it will try and curb piracy, but other than used games, I doubt it.

My opinion, I love both GTA & SR, they appeal to different audiences. I would say that GTA is more for the serious gamer while SR is for the gamer that likes just to blow crap up and do crazy stuff. I've pre-ordered both and hopefully I will beat SR before GTA comes out.

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 3:56:28 PM PDT
i want to pre order this game, but i am afraid. saints row the third was a HUGE disappointment to me. a giant leap backward in quality and fun from saints row 2, which was my favorite game of all time. there has been no new game of interest to me so far this summer, which has made the summer sad and boring, xbox wise. really want a fun game to play before summer is over. my birthday is aug. 25, so i feel i owe myself something. but i fear this game will not be worth the money. at the same time, i really want something like gta/saints row 2 to play again. but man, i HATED steelport. small, ugly, boring, nowhere to go, nothing to do. now i find out this new game is set there? please someone out there tell me something good about this game!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2013 7:00:51 AM PDT
AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!! Then some !!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2013 4:14:10 PM PDT
There are alot of Characters and Gangs returning in SRIV which you might not know of yet.

Some of the Missions are not located in Steelport, so you might get a chance to play in Stillwater again. I'm not sure entirely about that.

I do know that you can play with the Super Powers or just play with Guns, and Cars, which i love that about this Game. You will see alot from SR2 in SR4 which might get you really excited. I've seen alot of Gameplay and some of the activities, and they are awesome, especially my favorite Insurance Fraud.

Overall, i think SR4 will Surprise alot of people when it comes out, and it's in their hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2013 5:30:16 PM PDT
from what i read from someone who has actually played the game, you do NOT get to go back to stillwater. pretty much the whole game takes place in virtual steelport. you can only free roam in virtual steelport. also, even though you may choose to play with guns and cars, you cannot turn off your superpowers, which i would think would be a major pain while trying to play the game as if you do not have them. wish i could get excited about this game, but the more i find out about it, the more i hate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2013 3:28:30 AM PDT
I agree completely.. I've gotten really close to preordering the game like three times, heck, I even cancelled it once... But it's just too different for me to really hook my teeth in it and preorder. I'll have to wait for it to come out and see some reviews, I'm afraid.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2013 3:19:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2013 3:20:38 PM PDT
my little niece will be angry at me for not pre-ordering this, should not have told her about it. but, like you, i am afraid it will suck, badly. i read that during the making of saint's row three, upon seeing the creators progress, corporate ordered that the game ,which was reportedly HUGE at that point, be cut in half. i can only fear, this upcoming game is what was cut, since it all takes place in steelport. this makes me even madder at the travesty that was saint's row three. i felt i did not get a complete game experience in any way with that game. so, it looks like had i pre-ordered this, they would have gotten double the price for what would have been ONE game, a game still not even remotely close to approaching the greatness that was saint's row 2. leave it to the greedy suits at corporate (who obviously have never picked up a controller) to ruin a great game series. thank goodness there is still gta 5 to look forward to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Saints Row IV forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Saints Row IV
Saints Row IV by Deep Silver (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (290)