Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: uDraw GameTablet with uDraw Studio - Nintendo Wii
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 17, 2010
Ours came today. Set up was simple, just connecting it and then putting the Wiimote into the tablet. Mostly it was just doodles but when we started looking at all of the different options and things you can do with it we realized we are really going to have to spend some time with it. I'm going to try to get everyone to draw a Christmas card and then go online to use it as our Christmas card! You can do all sorts of things with saving the pictures you draw. And we played a full game of Pictionary, which we ordered too. We all LOVED THAT. It takes a while to get used to drawing and seeing it on the screen and also the drawing pad is a little small so you have to practice, but part of the fun of drawing is making mistakes and drawing silly things. Our next door neightbor is a graphic designer and I want to have him over this weekend to show us what he can do with it. Great choice and it would be a really great holiday gift. If you're seriously worried about being bored, then know that this is NOT A "GAME." It's a really great drawing/art device and we are really happy we bought it! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
1111 comments|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2010
This is much more than "just a game."

So far everyone in the family, from a 3 y/o to myself have had great fun with this.
It is extremely simple to connect and start using it.
The software includes enough tools to actually some nice artwork. The tools are fairly intuitive. Changing between them is a simple matter of pressing a button. Erasing mistakes is also simple. Once you're done, everything can be saved into an SD card and ported to a computer.
This is one of those "games" that are good for the whole family.

As an added bonus, the tablet connects to Pictionary for a few more hours of fun.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2010
Being grandparents of eight, we are always looking for things for grandchildren to do when they visit. I read about this and it sounded interesting. We have had our Wii for over two years. We also have the balance board and a few games.

We bought the uDraw thinking we might give it as a Christmas gift for some of our grandchildren. We tried it and showed it to our son. Our first thoughts were that it was too hard for the kids. Our son did not think so. So we kid tested it. We let three of our granddaughters try it at our house. The 7 and 10 year old fought over it. They had a great time and picked up the basic tools, etc. faster than Grandma and Grandpa did. Then the 5 year old had her turn. She didn't do too much but did have fun.

While we were doing this, another son and his family showed up. Our daughter-in-law was excited to see it work. They were considering buying it for their almost 8 year old son and their almost 6 year old daughter. Those kids tried it, too. They also had a great time. Our grandson is a heavy-duty video game player so we were surprised at his interest. Grandpa had read the tutorials by then and showed them how to do some things. Their Mom tried it later and thought it was great for them. We have saved a picture to an SD card and printed it from our computer. The picture was certainly acceptable for our uses.

In the end, Grandma and Grandpa bought uDraws for both sets of grandkids. We decided to keep the first one for ourselves. We have had fun with it and feel we can learn how to use more of the features and then help the grandkids learn how to use theirs in different ways. We definitely are not artists but this tablet is very relaxing to just experiment with.

We have not purchased any other games for the uDraw yet. We do see how it could be used in many other ways. Hope more games will come out soon.

We have alot of paper, color crayons, play doh, paint, etc. at our house. We have always believed that we would not use the TV as a babysitter and encourage other forms of play. That being said, there are video games, etc. that we do think are excellent for kids. This definitely is one of them.
11 comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2010
First off, let me state that I am an artist, and I've been wanting a tablet for years, but have never had the money. I've used plenty of tablets and borrowed from friends.

Although this product is not without flaw, it certainly is amazing.

The uDraw tablet drawing space is a lot bigger than I thought it would be (most of the pictures were angled, so it looked as if it was only a 3x5 space in the upper right-hand corner). I do wish the cord attaching the pen was just a little longer, but the convenience of being able to lift your pen and appropriately line up the pen to where you ended that line, and begin that same line seamlessly, is priceless.

The performance of it is wonderful and the feeling of it is smooth-not the least bit clumsy or bulky.

The features are amazing, cute enough (you can pick your drawing environment. I tend to pick the Beach, with the seagull sounds, or Art Class with the random ruckus periodically; Which you can also opt to silence altogether) and the tools are awesome, ranging from pen to sponge and down to marker.

Another cool option is to watch you re-draw the entire portrait in a recording, pause it where you would like to go back to, and continue drawing from there. For example, if you drew something, sponged it, and colored it in, you can play back the recording of you drawing it line by line, then sponging it, and watch it become colored. You CAN fast forward it to 2x, 4x and 8x speed, but once you do, you still have to watch it draw the whole thing, because it's loading the entire video up to the point you chose.

Also, another mentionable: "Save" and "Snapshot" are different; "Save" allows you to save it to your uDraw gallery, while "Snapshot" saves it to your SD card. It saves in .PNG format for high resolution images.

Another cool bit, especially for the kiddies, is the Coloring Book. You can pick a page from a couple of genres, such as Fantasy, or Science for instance, and...well...freely color!

For 70 dollars, this tablet is amazing. It's good for artists with an open mind, great for kids (I'd let my 6 year old cousin have at it) and including all the neat games they'll surely release in the near future along with the ones already out-like Pictionary?

This thing is an awesome steal.
on November 25, 2010
First off this review is coming from a 40 year old guy with hardly no artistic ability when it comes to drawing or painting so I have to say that for the "fun" factor this is pretty cool for something that lets you draw pictures on your television. This uDraw tablet is nothing more than an overrated toy however. It is not by any means designed for high quality images. Great for kids, and can be fun for adults.

Three points I should mention right off.....

(1.) I discovered that there is a 35 minute time limit on your drawings. That is calculated by actual drawing time. So a stroke of your brush would only make a few seconds of time into your drawing. This is ok for kids and non-skilled artists, but for true artists looking for something to make highly detailed art this is not going to do it for you. Get a Wacom tablet for your PC. I wish I had done that instead of spending money on this.

(2.) The images produced by this software are very low quality. Yes you can save your images to a SD card but when you get them over onto the computer you will find they are small images (only 576 X ??? pixels) and the colors won't even come close to what you saw on your television screen. In other words if your Wii is hooked up to your HDTV with beautiful colors it's not going to look at all like that on your computer. The image will be drab looking on your computer as compared to what you saw on your television.

(3.) The uDraw tablet and Studio disc is not actually a game. It is just a tablet and drawing software. You have to either buy Dood's Big Adventure or Pictionary seperately to use the tablet in a game.

All in all this is a system you can have fun with but don't expect super high quality images if that's what your looking for. If your just looking for something to draw random things on your tv screen this is will do it for you.

I wouldn't exactly say it is worth nearly 70 dollars. Maybe 45 but not 70.
1111 comments|278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2010
Couldn't resist ordering this as a little early treat, and I can tell you we're going to have a lot of fun with it. It is NOT difficult at all to use but you do have to have some creativity. If you don't like drawing you probably aren't going to like something called UDRAW! LOL. But my daughter does and she already spent about two hours with this and we are planning to play as a family over Thanksgiving. The first impression we have is that this is great. So far we like it!!
on December 17, 2010
When I saw this product I knew I had to get it. I am a graphic designer and my son loves to watch me work with my Wacom tablet in Photoshop and always wants "to give it a try". He is 10, so I am extremely nervous about letting him use my computer (OK I am nervous about letting my wife use my computer). But when i do, he enjoys it. Was about to break down and get him an DSi when I saw this released. It is great to have this option now to let him draw on his Wii. While the Drawing program isn't Photoshop, it is better than the PC paintbrush that most PCs have and he really enjoys tablet.

It will take kids (and adults) time to get used to looking at the screen while drawing on another surface, but after a week or so, it will become second nature. And, who knows, your kid can use this as a launching point into the world of graphic design (Like we need any more competition out there, right?)
on December 4, 2010
I bought the UDRAW for my 8 year old daughter. WOW! It is amazing. She draws the most beautiful pictures. It is so easy to use. I recommend this game for all parents. You will not regret it!!!!!! The best gift that I have purchased for my little girl.
on December 12, 2010
I'm biased because I have used Photoshop for the last million years, and my 5 year old has been playing with it ever since he could click a mouse. Bottom line, if you fit this bill, you can't go wrong. Nothing like sitting on the couch in front of the big screen and doodling with your kids or just letting them explore the possibilities. We had fun drawing and playing them back. We have not saved them off to print so I can't comment, however there is a Hi-Res mode, which sounds promising. I have rarely if ever written a review. I'm only doing this because this rocks. The only way they could make it better is to add layers, and possibly 2 player with two people drawing collaboratively. Hey Adobe, I got a great idea for a Wii title: Photoshop for Wii (uDraw enabled). Thank you.

Update: We just got Dood's Big Adventure and in the 1 hour since we started, I'm totally hooked. This is a fun use of the tablet, and is very nicely done. 5 Year old is loving it, he just said this is the best game ever. Good Job!New Thq Udraw Dood's Big Adventure Puzzle Game Complete Product Standard 1 User Retail Wii
on August 28, 2011
WE WERE ON VACATION AT MY BROTHERS HOME IN SPOKANE WASHINGTON AND THEY ASKED US TO PLAY THIS PICTIONARY GAME USING THE UDRAW TABLET. WE SET UP TEAMS AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD. THE NEXT DAY I ORDERED THIS TABLET AND THE PICTIONARY GAME SO IT WAS AT MY HOME WHEN WE RETURNED. WE HAVE PLAYED THIS NUMEROUS TIMES WHENEVER FAMILY OR FRIENDS COME TO VISIT. EVERYONE INLCUDING THE CHILDREN HAVE A GREAT TIME. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS UDRAW TABLET COUPLED WITH A PICTIONARY GAME.