Plans for an unabridged version of World War Z audiobook? Are there any plans for an unabridged version of the audiobook? I am holding off on buying the audiobook if there is an unabridged version in the works.
asked by Jonathan Carter on March 20, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
votes
Yes please. Add my voice to the "demand." I would also repurchase. Someone should start a petition.
April A. Galarza answered on January 19, 2011

A
vote
No plans for an unabridged version which is a shame. But the current abridged version is available in CD or downloadable format and is enjoyable. A librarian in WA state.
Gudrun Edithsdotter answered on September 25, 2009

A
vote
The abridged version is fantastic. I'd repurchase an unabridged version.
Larry Zieminski answered on September 17, 2010

A
votes
The Complete Edition, with nearly twice the material, sounds interesting, but really, given that it too is an abridged edition, why is it called "complete?"

Update: The description of The Complete Edition had changed to Unabridged.

Update 2: The description on Audible, as of the release date, is back to Abridged.
Bill75 answered on April 6, 2013

A
vote
Nathon Fillon has said that he is recording a section for World War Z. Could be an unabridged version is in the works for the movie release.
Kean Dermody answered on June 3, 2012

A
votes
Hello--I'm an employee of Random House Audio. This thread was brought to our attention, and I wanted to clarify that we are releasing a new edition of WORLD WAR Z May 14th, both on CD and as a digital download. WORLD WAR Z: THE COMPLETE EDITION includes the stories not recorded for the original edition integrated with the original abridged recording (five hours of new material, again read by an all-star cast).
Katie Fleming answered on April 5, 2013

A
vote
Audible now has a new version of the book available for pre order. I'm not sure exactly what the book is. The title is World War Z: The Complete Edition (Movie Tie-in Edition): An Oral History of the Zombie War and the estimated time length is 11 hours. It will be released on May 14, 2013 It's got "abridged" under the title, but at 11 hours, is it abridged? Is it the full length book? Or is it a rewrite, to make it more like the movie, which I heard is nothing like the book? Is that what the title means, "Movie Tie-In Edition"?
http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_2?asin=B00BIKAVHS
Angie answered on March 12, 2013

A
vote
The 11 hour version is also abridged. Audible has a 14 hour unabridged version that was released on November 13, 2012, but it's not available in the US! (If you go to Audible without being logged in, you'll see it, but it will go away after you log in and they know where you are.)
Bill75 answered on March 27, 2013

A
votes
I went to a talk with Max Brooks a couple weeks ago and someone asked that. He said that due to the number of voice actors needed it was very expensive to put together an unabridged audiobook, but that it was a possibility if there seems to be enough demand for it to warrant the costs.
Katwoman answered on April 25, 2010

A
votes
Hubby and I are listening to the audio book now, we didn't realize it was abridged. It is really fantastic, by far our best audio book experience to date (and with our 2 hour per day commuting for the past 3 years we've listened to a bunch!).

Well, in a way I am happy, finding out there is more gives me a good reason to read the actual book.
Jocon307 answered on April 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›