Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
I understand that this version is tied to the motherboard of the computer. But are you able to change out other parts like RAM, graphics cards, etc?
asked by Polar_Cyn on March 11, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes, Win 7 will work fine as long as the motherboard supports the different parts.
Amazon Customer answered on March 11, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i think you can as long as you dont change a lot at once i would double check if you decide to change hard drives im not sure if it would recognize that computer license if you do
potsie answered on March 11, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Its simply the OS. I just upgraded my video card. Win7 was awesome, on new bootup it looked up and installed the drivers on its own. Did the same for my new usb headset, installed both devices with no problems and super fast. Vastly superior to WinXP in every way!
Brian answered on March 11, 2013

A
Windows 7 is the operator system just the software. You will need to know the requirements of the hardware like mother board processor and ram and so on for upgrades.
Tom Larkins answered on March 11, 2013

A
Yes you can change RAM, Graphics cards, and anything else except the chipset. The product key just won't work on any other computer.
Boo answered on March 12, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product