Customer Discussions > Diablo III: Collector's Edition forum

update your shipping speed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2012 3:06:07 PM PDT
Howsare says:
For those who preordered awhile ago check your status. Amazon didnt bump mine up to release date like they normally do when they put the release day on the listing. I had to manually update it myself. Others might have the same problem.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:12:04 PM PDT
Ctzul says:
Good call, thanks!

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:14:07 PM PDT
Dark Ryder says:
I always forget about this. Thanks for the reminder!

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:27:48 PM PDT
ray says:
yep, you have to manually update release day delivery, but its free and easy, do it now unless you just want it on the 18th instead of the 15th.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 7:51:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 15, 2012 7:58:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 9:36:21 PM PDT
N. Bruce says:
Nice call thanks OP.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 9:51:23 PM PDT
I only see the option to change it to one-day shipping with an extra $3.99 shipping charge. Which wouldn't get here till the 17th anyway. Where are you guys changing the shipping speed?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 9:57:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2012 9:57:59 PM PDT
Kordesh says:
Fun/bad news Mark. Did a bit of searching and apparently the option is not showing up and conversations with Amazon suggest you can only get the same day option if you re-order. Seems if you placed the pre-order with the order of another item it messes it up. I contacted Amazon and I'm waiting for a response to see if there's anything that can be done to get it to the correct shippping speed without losing the order but not much hope /=.

Reference link: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/amazon-diablo-iii-pre-order-woes

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:21:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2012 4:22:09 AM PDT
I agree with above. I spent some time chatting live with 2 amazon reps. I had preordered earlier in the day, when 'release date' was not an option at that time. Later in the afternoon, they added it. I tried numerous times to go into my options to change it, but it refused to be there to select, the fastest continued to be 1 day.

Talked to 2 reps who gave me different reasons why. 1 said it was my zip code and that release day couldnt be guaranteed (which was not true, i signed on as my mom's account, same zip, and she was able to select it) and the 2nd rep told me I had to cancel my 1st in order to re order it and select it. I choose not to out of fear they would sell out, and they did. I'll just deal with 1 day and be happy. He did remove the $9.98 shipping charge for me, so that worked out nice !

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:56:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2012 4:56:58 AM PDT
Smarty says:
This is my 'experience' .... /facepalm

You are now connected to Zubair Zakaria from AmazYou are now connected to Zubair Zakaria from Amazon.com.
Me:
Release Date Shipping not available on order. Please don't cancel the order, item is no longer available.
Zubair Zakaria:
Hello, my name is Sultan. I'll be happy to help you today.
Could you please let me know the order number you were referring to?
Me:
#######
Zubair Zakaria:
Thanks Stephen.
Let me check that for you please.
Are you referring to Diablo III: Collector's Edition ?
Me:
yes.
Zubair Zakaria:
Stephen, when is the release date?
Me:
Tuesday - May 15th, 2012.
Zubair Zakaria:
I see the Estimated Delivery Date is May 17, 2012.
You can click the sign up button on the item page so that we will e-mail you when this item becomes available.
Me:
On video game pre-orders there is usually a release date delivery option that ensures delivery the day it is release. So those that order online can get the game the same day as those that pick it up in a store. This option does not appear for this order.
Zubair Zakaria:
It seems the release date of Diablo III: Collector's Edition is not yet decided.
Let me check the details Stephen.
Stephen, thanks for waiting.
The game is not in stock as you stated that's why there is no pre- order button.
Me:
I already pre-ordered it. That is not my concern. I am trying to change shipping speed to the usual release-date guarantee.
Zubair Zakaria:
Yes Stephen, as we already have lot of pre booking orders we are no longer taking any more pre orders
Me:
I am not trying to order it. I already ordered it. As you saw with the order number, for an order from February.
Zubair Zakaria:
Yes that's correct Stephen.
I understand that you already ordered it.
we already have lot of pre booking orders we are no longer taking any more pre orders.
Me:
I know this. That is why it says unavailable on-line; however, that has nothing at all to do with my issue.
Zubair Zakaria:
I am sorry for the disappointment.
Me:
So, do you know why I can't change my shipping speed (for an order that already exists)?
To the release-date guarantee.
Zubair Zakaria:
Yes Stephen, we already have a lot of orders for that date and we are no more shipping the game on that date.
I hope the information helps.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 6:26:39 AM PDT
Andrew says:
I also chatted with support and he was helpful but unable to resolve the issue of having an additional item on the order causing Release Day Delivery issues. Was able to get upgraded to free One Day because I am a prime member and this issue is ongoing. He said he was forwarding it to the team who handles things like this. Perhaps they can write a script to fix these orders? Let's hope. With an item this big on the radar I would think Amazon would iron this out so all orders arrive on release day.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 7:23:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2012 7:24:39 AM PDT
i read all the mr.stephen quote

Hope this not end with super bad news like

(on may 17)
We're sorry mr.stephen diablo3ce already sold out . We will notify you when the item is available

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 7:46:46 AM PDT
Todd says:
That is the most useless customer service I have ever seen. I wish they would stop outsourcing.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 9:36:07 AM PDT
Farooq says:
I pre-ordered collector's edition a few months ago. I didn't order anything else with it. I received an email yesterday from Amazon that I would receive it on 18th. I changed shipping to 1 day shipping today and now it shows that I will receive it on 17th. I pre-ordered collector's edition of WoW Cataclysm right when it was announced. However, the same thing happened to me at that time. Amazon promised I would receive it on release date. But a day before the release date I received an email that I would receive it two days after the release date. I went to a local Fry's and bought the Collector's edition on release day and sent back Amazon's when I received it stating "Late delivery" as the reason of return. I will do the same this time too or will cancel the order on May 15 (if its an option) after buying one from Fry's or Best Buy.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 11:28:53 AM PDT
I to am still having problems changing my shipping. No matter what, the Release Date option refuses to appear in the list for me to switch to it. I preordered the CE yesterday, all by itself, prior to release day being shown as an option. No matter what reps are assissting me, it will not appear. They really need to get on this asap.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 1:05:50 PM PDT
D. McDermott says:
Epic India support call.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 1:20:12 PM PDT
MajinStylee says:
My order was automatically changed to release day shipping. It sucks that so many people are having problems with it :/ Plus, outsourcing customer service sucks too

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 10:29:40 AM PDT
John L says:
I feel for you. There's no Release Day Shipping for intl orders :(

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 10:59:49 AM PDT
K. Carpenter says:
Here's to hoping they fix this issue. If not, I might just look into buying it locally and paying a little more, since I can't update my shipping status either.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 2:48:09 PM PDT
"Hello,

We wanted to let you know your pre-order copy of 'Diablo III: Collector's Edition' is now eligible for Release-Date Delivery for $0.99.

We've automatically updated your order to reflect this lower shipping cost - no action is needed on your part. Your copy of 'Diablo III: Collector's Edition' will arrive on 5/15/2012.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com"

but they didn't change anything!!!

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 6:02:25 PM PDT
KANE says:
I preordered back in February. I do not have prime. I used super saver at the time. The other day I wanted to upgrade to release date delivery. No option. Sent an email to amazon about where the option was or could they just add it. This morning received the response that since I preordered when release date delivery wasn't available they can't go back and add it. Suggestion was I cancel the order and re-order with release date delivery.

Went to do that only to find out it is now sold out. THANKS A LOT.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 7:48:32 PM PDT
∆nima says:
I preordered the Collector's Edition on 3/1 and there is no release date option then, or now. It estimates I'll get the game on the 21st at the earliest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III: Collector's Edition
Diablo III: Collector's Edition by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (334)