What is the best upgrade from an xti? t2i ,t3 or t3i? Wanting to up grade but not sure i need the flexible screen on the t3i or how many videos i'll shoot. Would the t2i be better than the t3 for still photos with more megapixles
asked by Daniel Gorsuch on February 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
I had an XTI and moved to a T3i. I love the T3i and was surprised how much better the picture quality is with the same lenses. Having said that, I would recommend the T2i. I take thousands of pictures a year and can't think of more than a few times the flexible screen would have helped. Unless you have an image stabilized lens or shoot off a tripod all time, the digital zoom is nearly worthless as camera shake (which any decent $150 camcorder adjusts for) means your movies are extremely jumpy. The T2i will take the same awesome pictures without paying for the extra features that just are not all that great.
Ken answered on March 3, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the info,seems like most people have the same opinion. I think I'll use the saved $ and put towards a 50mm lens that everybody s talking about and add a battery grip. I have one on my XTi and like the extra shooting time and feel it adds to the camera.
Daniel Gorsuch answered on March 3, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›