I have a cpu that I want upgrade to your window 7 Prof 64 bit. I have questions, can this product be use for this ? Second what's the differnet betwee
asked by DL Smith on November 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Yes it is easy to upgrade to windows 7 64. I don't see what your system is though. Can you list what it is with basic specs?
SUPERDELL answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Your question seems a little incomplete, but the basic answer is yes. Windows 7 64-bit will run on pretty much any modern day CPU including Pentium Core 2 Duo, Duo Core, Quad Core, Extreme, i3, i5, i7 processors as well as the AMD Athlon series of processors. If by "CPU" you mean computer, more details about the system might be required including hard drive space and RAM.
Jason Ward answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If it is a P IV duel core it will work great. You do need at least 4GB of ram and a good video card that is Vista and Windows 7 compatible.
Rubin A. Jarman answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
it depends on if your cpu is rated for a 64 bit operating sysytems. if you look at the specs of your chip it will tell you if it is 64 or 32 bit
Kevi answered on November 23, 2012

A
It's my understanding that there are TWO different versions of Windows 7 --one for 32bit processors, and another for 64bit processors. The package should specify.. my package states 64bit on the label (and my computer has 64bit processor). If you have the wrong version (i.e. 32bit) Microsoft might exchange it. If a 32bit version of Windows ran on a 64bit processor at all, it would probably perform poorly. I know in my 64bit copy of Windows 7, for some reason, Internet Explorer has both a 32bit AND 64bit version, and they both run. (I'm running Windows 7 on a Mac Computer in Apple's "Bootcamp" Partition)
21st Century MAC Fan answered on November 23, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It depends on your cpu.
Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.

Do one of the following:
In Windows 7, click View and print detailed performance and system information.

In Windows Vista, click View and print details.

In the System section, you can see what type of operating system you're currently running under System type, and whether or not you can run a 64-bit version of Windows under 64-bit capable. (If your computer is already running a 64-bit version of Windows, you won't see the 64-bit capable listing.)

To see whether a computer running Windows XP is capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows, do the following:

Click Start.

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, your processor is capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows.

If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, your processor still might be capable of running a 64-bit version of Windows. To find out for sure, download and run the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from the Windows 7 Upgrade
william cutright answered on November 24, 2012

A
you can check your current system at microsoft, many older motherboards won't run the 64b ver., they will only run the 32b ver.
Toby1 answered on December 3, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 24, 2012 4:50:30 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product