Does it upset you when Bill O'Reilly talks about JFK's sex life/affairs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2012 3:17:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 3:18:44 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 8:41:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012 8:43:00 AM PDT
Linda T. says:
How could any living voter be shocked to learn of Kennedy's philandering and sexual transgressions?? After all, we are part of the nation that reelected and deified Bill Clinton after he lied, under oath, about his affair with a young White House intern. Nothing should shock us and, obviously, anything can be forgotten and forgiven.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 8:10:30 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 6:24:42 AM PDT
Paul May says:
Exactly what do your postings about the sex lives of people have to do with O'Reilly's book?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 8:06:06 AM PDT
JFK's sex life is commented on extensively by Bil O'Reilly in his book. Why don't you ask him. I, for one, find it interesting and that it tells a lot about a person.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 8:12:13 AM PDT
Paul May says:
Many books about Kennedy's sexual conquests have been written. Nothing new there. What does it tell about a person? Rich, powerful men have done it for centuries. So what?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 1:35:25 PM PDT
JOHN FRANCIS says:
As I recall Clinton was impeached and found innocent!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 7:46:49 PM PDT
Clinton was impeached and not convicted. That is not the same as being "innocent." On one of the charges 50 senators voted for conviction. A 2/3 majority was needed for removal from office.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 7:48:14 PM PDT
"What does it tell about a person?" An unhinge, highly promiscuous sex life tells a LOT about a person: entitlement, arrogance, risk taking, belief that "rules" for other people don't apply to him/her. Also it always means you have a skilled liar on your hands. Every time.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:41:30 AM PST
Sue says:
How detailed is the book re. Kennedy's sexual activities? I had planned to purchase book for 12 year old grandson, but won't if it is too detailed. Would appreciate feedback.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 12:30:17 PM PST
Get this book for your grandson: JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters

It is far, far, far better and tells the reason JFK was killed by the national security state.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:50:19 AM PST
Neaklaus says:
Sue,

My advice is to read the book yourself and see what you think. If you believe that your
grandson can handle it, then get him the book. Or perhaps sit down and read it with him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 9:20:18 AM PST
Sue says:
Thanks Alan, That's good advice and worth following.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 10:33:29 PM PST
robert says:
Meachams new book on super genius Thomas Jefferson also goes into much greater detail of his promiscuous sex life with Sally Hemmings and others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 10:35:42 PM PST
robert says:
Clinton was charged with perjury not for having sex.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 3:23:02 PM PDT
sunset*gal says:
well, i think oreilly is a huge hypocrite talking about jfk's affairs when oreilly himself settled that sexual harrassment lawsuit some time back. he paid a woman close to $7mill. and the case never went to court. why not??

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 3:43:57 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
Yes, Jefferson was probably a genius, but he had foibles and weaknesses like many great men. Incidentally, are you aware that, though he took credit for authorship of the "Declaration," he was not the one who actually penned the document?

Posted on May 1, 2013 3:01:18 AM PDT
Jonesy says:
No. It upsets me that O'Reilly lies about the conspiracy, when even he can be seen doing a news report for Inside Edition in the late 80s interviewing Tony Veciana and his ties to Maurice Bishop. O'Reilly has no journalistic integrity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2013 3:36:05 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
Not exactly...Impeached over lying about his activities, to the Senate.

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 3:37:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2013 11:05:29 PM PDT
Sam Clemens says:
Sue: I recommend AGAINST sharing the contents of that book with your grandson. As a matter of fact, I also suggest YOU omit it. "Dark Camelot" is a depressing tabloid-like piece of junk, though Hersh does seem to have done some legitimate journalistic pieces. In contrast, "JFK and the Unspeakable" is a terrific find...and very reasonably priced on Amazon.com. A balanced account of President Kennedy, I'd suggest, is that he had his flaws (and he and his brother were engaged in some risky, unwise behaviors), but also some characteristics of greatmess. We've had much worse presidents since then, including Johnson, Nixon and Bush-Cheney. And Mr. Obama has been no great gift to the American people either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2013 12:21:38 PM PST
Tom Paine says:
I strongly agree with you up to the last sentence. JFK and the Unspeakable is one of the best books I've read in years. Another is Oswald and the CIA by former intelligence agent/ U. Md. at College Park History Professor John Newman.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot
Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot by Martin Dugard (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (6,707)