Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
can I use gsm sim in the usim slot?
asked by M. H. Wright on March 25, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
From what I understand, you can do so if you purchased a model that is capable of accessing mobile networks (WWAN 3G models). For more info you can visit Google's Chromebook support page that tells how to activate a Sims card: http://support.google.com/chromeos/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1095357
A. Jones answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The gsm slot is a placeholder. There's no GSM on this device.
Dustin Sallings answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
C. Winder answered on May 17, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You are speaking about buying a 3G model. If you are going to do that, then I recommend getting an actual laptop as this chromebook has limited capabilities. There is no Android here, and the chromebook is for people who are not heavy users for surfing the web. I don't think there is Flash in here, buy a laptop that has more capabilities and also bigger.
Carlos answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product