I use to love Maiden.This stuff is sub-par:/

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2010 3:27:28 PM PDT
Aria 51 says:
This cd stinks....Where are the ballsy metal tunes I use to love?

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 10:08:34 PM PST
Renfield says:
Newsflash: MAIDEN MATURED. They're an older band now. Their 80s stuff was great, but they're at the age now where they're writing more thoughtful, reflective metal tunes now. This album is fantastic.

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 9:35:07 AM PST
I like it too. but I love prog rock too. this is a great mixture of styles.

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 3:31:40 PM PST
R-Train says:
Not my favorite Maiden album, or even close, but it's still Maiden. "Bad" Maiden is still 100x better than anything else IMO. As long as they keep making music, I will keep buying it and seeing them whenever they're in the Bay Area.

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 8:04:57 AM PST
Yeah well I've matured also & this album lacks any balls at all. I am also a lover of prog rock/metal & although this album has some very great moments, its all the intro's & outro's & farting around that make it a such a chore to listen to. It really isnt asking too much for them to put in some concise rockers (just like they did on BNW & DOD).

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 5:24:11 PM PST
A. Golds says:
If you think the CD stinks, you might think differently, if you clean out your ears.

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 12:31:10 AM PST
If it ain't ballsy enough for you, maybe you shouldn't be buying music made by 50-year olds! Although, it sounds pretty rockin' to me, especially compared to the stuff the 20-year olds in the music scene are doing today. And all the "intros and outros and farting around"? So, you don' like Powerslave, Rime of The Ancient Marriner, most of the 7th Son album? Maiden's been doing epic stuff with intros and outros since their heyday, I don't get why so many people are surprised when they come out with a new album and it continues to do what they've always done! If you want concise rockers, they did an album in 1990 with no epics on it. It's generally considered a weak spot in their career.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2011 4:33:30 PM PST
Hmm, maybe I can be the judge of what I listen to & how old the bands are, especially since Accept is in the age 50+ group & released a helluva album in Blood of the Nations. Maiden could have taken a few cues from that album.
I think you missed my point regarding song lengths. Considering I have been a fan since 1979, I am fully aware of their past catalog & can be 100% assured that not every song on those albums were as longwinded as these are. Moving to modern day, BNW & DOD had a MIX of songs & that is why they are superior albums IMHO.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier by Iron Maiden (Audio CD - 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (356)