Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Can you use this as a tabletop without the tripod?
asked by sinerge on May 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I guess you could do that but it wouldn't be very stable. It depends what you are trying to do. if you want to point it to the moon or bright objects then I guess it would work. Deep space and astrophotography would require you to put it on the tripod. The tripod that it comes with is very good quality and very stable.
CMAN answered on May 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Actually,, yes you can, but if your table isn't level or very close to level the GoTo function may not work perfectly. The mount is plenty heavy to keep the scope firmly planted where ever you put it.
Rmarolla33 answered on February 22, 2015
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ben M. answered on May 29, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I dont know if its possible unless you can get something sturdy to attach it to and keep the telescope balanced. You can try looking for a table top tripod but the telescope has to be secure otherwise it might fall because its heavy and bulky
Victor M. Lopez answered on May 30, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Nexstar series scopes have three rubber feet. They could sit on a table, but unless your table was stone on a concrete pier, it would probably not be stable enough to get much use out of a telescope.

The level of the table has nothing to to with the GoTo function BTW. If you do a 2 star alignment, the telescope will perform goto just fine, even if the base is polar aligned (which by me would be inclined around 42 degrees).
Mommy Dearest answered on May 11, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think so, don't think it would be balanced.
Coconut the Critic answered on May 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product