Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
asked by Socrates on October 24, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
I would guess (not fact) there are so many refurbished ones is because, the glass breaks so easy. I know of two people having had their iPads slide out of their hands, within 24 hours of receiving them, and having the glass break. If they have bought insurance, like at Best Buy, they will just replace the iPad with a new one before fixing it for that customer. Apple should put a HUGE warning: iPad is light and slippery hold tight.
Butrfly answered on January 1, 2012
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for responding. That's some help. What about used ipads? The Apple site says the AppleCare protection plan(which must be purchased sperately" will transfer but says nothing about a warranty. Why are there so many used ones for sale? For the other top ranked products in the "computers and accessories" you don't see very many used products at all. The product hasn't even been out for a year. They can't all be upgrading because many of the ones for sale are the 64g 3g ones.
Socrates answered on October 31, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Socrates answered on November 4, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I suspect the vast majority of sellers upgraded to the iPad 2 (or 3) when it came out, even though their iPad 1 was still in perfect (or at least, good) condition. Because iPads were designed to last, that means there is a greater inventory of re-sellable, high-quality devices in the market than is the case for other consumer electronics (e.g., laptops).
Anne Fleming answered on February 17, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a refurbished iMac, it's usually a customer return and they can't sell it as new even if the customer didn't use it.
B. Lince answered on November 3, 2010
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does a refurbished ipad purchased through amazon come with a warranty, and for how long?
Amazon Customer answered on July 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Answer at Cnet
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20020561-243.html
Nam answered on October 27, 2010
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2013 6:45:45 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product