Customer Discussions > NHibernate in Action forum

If your not using this, well you are either not on a large project or you are wasting a lot of time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2007 6:27:54 PM PDT
Damon Carr says:
The ORM shift makes legacy RDBMS/OO Impedence Mismatch a thing we will laugh about.

However many Microsoft head-nodders will wait for Linq to Entities (and then likely have no idea how to use it).

For the Java people who have killed us for years FINALLY we are making in-roads on good software engineering. I mean IoC, TDD, Factories, and the lowest hanging fruit of them all perhaps, NHibernate.

It is so amazing, it's scary... Learning curve is a little steep... Nothing you cannot handle and the payoff is MASSIVE. Cut 30% off your work and all future maintenance (90% of a project's total cost).

Damon Carr

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2008 7:37:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2008 7:38:31 AM PDT
Indeed. The demo monkeys that Microsoft call's their consultants know little about good system design. But they travel the world perpetuating bad design with people and their data adapters, DataSets and their procedural approach to object oriented design.
http://scottwhite.blogspot.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2009 10:25:47 PM PST
hah so true man. I die a little inside every time i see a data table.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NHibernate in Action
NHibernate in Action by Christian Bauer (Paperback - Feb. 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (15)