Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Birkenstock Women's Paris Clog
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

I'm a huge fan of Birkenstock shoes and currently own about 6 pairs. Aside from athletic shoes and the occcassional formal shoe, Birkenstocks are nearly all I wear. When these came out I was anxious to give them a try and ordered my typical size...these were HUGE in comparison. I looked like a clown and they literally wouldn't stay on my feet.

So, thanks to Amazon's terrific return policy, I sent the first pair back and ordered a 2nd pair in a smaller size and went with the narrow (the width of the first pair was far to large). The second time around the width was fine and I still had extra space at the end of my big toes BUT, like many people, my longest toe is actually the 2nd one in line...and that toe was squashed due to the pronounced curvature at the top of the shoe. Unlike a nice slope, this seems to fall rapidly so despite having extra space at the big toe, the 2nd (longer) toe is cramped badly.

I found these impossible to fit properly - if you are like my spouse and your big toe is also the longest toe, these would probably work fine for you. If not, reconsider as the slope is not gradual enough.

As a side note, the leather is also very tough and will need to be broken in...those prone to blisters will find these much less forgiving than most Birkenstock shoes.
on December 20, 2011
Birkenstocks are about the only footwear for me. For some reason I had never tried any with the soft footbed. I really ordered these for the style and color...but after I wore them for a day and experienced that cushy comfort I turned around and ordered another pair in a different color. They really do feel great...and they still have the support and roominess the regular Birkenstocks have.

"Paris" is a great style. They feel like the "Boston" clogs but your toes don't have to work so hard to hold them on to your feet. I bought them in Habana and Black.
44 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
As a sufferer of Planter Fasciitis off and on for years I have decided that Birkenstocks are the HOLY GRAIL of footwear and I now have several pairs of Birkenstock in both the standard firm foot bed and the soft foot bed. Since dedicating my feet to Birks I have not suffered from PF and I am not about to let down my guard. I bought these in tobacco brown and the color is just what I wanted - a lighter brown sort of like a darker khaki, This color is distressed and the buyer should be aware that they may come out of the box with rustic marks and scratches that can be finger buffed to reduce their appearance. The shoes look best with casual wear like jeans because of the distressed look. I think they look really cute and I like having something else to wear besides my Birkenstock Boston and Amsterdam clogs in colder weather.
They offer the awesome support you expect from Birkenstock. I wear them all day and my feet still feel happy when I come home after work. Though the soft foot bed doesn't seem as cushioned as the Amsterdam soft foot bed it is still very comfortable. I am not sure how other people are able to get them on with the buckle as it is placed in an awkward location beside the outer ankle and the leather is rather stiff and thick. It has worked for me to leave them buckled on the widest hole and to use a shoe spoon to slip my feet into them so I never have to fool with the buckle. I have experienced the same issue of my socks slipping down into the shoe as if the shoe is "eating" my socks. I am not sure why this happens but it is annoying to have to periodically sit down and hike my socks back up my calves. I have noticed that one pair of socks does not do this and they are thinner, tighter, longer and made of slicker polyester material so perhaps I will try to buy others like that for these shoes. I am happy with my purchase of these shoes though still prefer my soft foot bed Birkenstock Boston and Amsterdam Clogs. These are nice for cold days when you don't want an open heel.
on July 29, 2012
I work 37 to 60 hours a week on my feet, and these shoes didn't even have a break-in period for me. They fit, they work, they have great support and stability, and they can be shined up a bit to look decent. I will be wearing these for a long time.
on March 15, 2014
I bought these for my girlfriend for her birthday, and she hasn't taken them off in weeks. She normally wears a 38 in a Birkenstock sandal and we read in a previous review that the enclosed shoes run a 1/2 size smaller than the sandals. So we got her the 39 with the softbed and they fit her perfect. Also, as a side note if you don't like dealing with the buckles go to a good shoe repair shop and have them put the buckle on elastic. I have made previous pairs of mine into slip-on style by doing this. (Birkenstock also has authorized repair shops listed on their website and that is where I went in Chicago.) Enjoy your Birkenstocks!
on June 13, 2014
I had bunions on both feet. I have had one toe surgically corrected. My orthopedic surgeon told me if I wore the Birkenstock shoe, my feet would not hurt. I have worn this brand exclusively for the past 11 yrs. This particular shoe has a wide foot bed and is very comfortable to wear. I am 63 and recently stood at a concert for over 5 hrs. Dancing to the music. This venue had no seats. I wore this very shoe and had no pain!
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2014
These shoes are super cute and fit fine. They are rather stiff, but hopefully they will loosen up......my problem is that they completely eat my socks. My socks just disappear into the shoes. I wear regular gold toe socks so I don't think it's the socks. Has anyone else had this problem? I changed to knee socks to see if this will help, but have lots of socks that I won't be able to wear. Other than this problem, the shoes are great.....like all other Birkinstocks I have.
on November 27, 2014
I usually wear a size 8 1/2 or 9. I ordered a 39 and they were a tad too short in length (I have long toes and they were cramped). I arranged for an exchange for a size 40 (which I received in a jiffy!! Very pleased) and they fit perfectly. I have had them for about a month now and wear them at my job as an aide at a school. They required no break-in time and are soo comfortable. I have read many reviews saying that they "eat" shorter socks, I cannot attest for that as I wear them with long wool socks. They are very roomy inside and my feet are very happy!
on August 3, 2014
I wanted to buy this pair for a while after a friend of mine showed me the pair she had bought in Europe. I wanted a pair of shoes that I could use all year long (were I live all year is warm) and that didn't hurt my feet after walking a lot (I'm a very active person). I was not sure what size to request because I had read contradicting reviews regarding this issue, so I just went for it and bought it in 39N (I'm 8). If I use it without socks they fit a little lose, but not in an uncomfortable way, if I use socks they fit perfectly. I've had them for about 4 months and use them almost everyday. The color is great, they look good with dresses, jeans, skirts, everything, have great support, are really comfortable and with time they fit my sole even better. They are just what I was looking for.
on October 8, 2014
I wear a 37 in the sandal, went with a 38 for extra room and based on other reviews. Love the soft footbed, will also be adding the elastic option mentioned by another reviewer to make them slip on. I have wide feet, with a high instep - and these are more comfy than sneakers for standing and walking.

See 1 answered question