Samsung UN26EH4000 26-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $180.00
Can you utilize a set of analog speakers from the Audio Out for for more and better sound.
asked by HoneyBabe on December 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
In terms of audio out, there is a digital audio out port and a 3.5mm 1/8" out port. Therefore, you can't plug analog speakers that use the two red and black clips directly into the set, but you could use either of these ports to connect an amplifier or receiver to which you could connect your analog speakers. If your analog speakers use RCA input, you could use the 3.5mm 1/8" out port plus a Y-shaped 3.5mm to RCA wire to connect them.

Hope this helps!
ASchear answered on December 18, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I was not sure so I tested it and the answer is yes. You can plug a set of Analog speakers into the Audio out for the TV and they will work. Once you do that, you can leave the TV sound on as well, if you want, or mute the TV and just use the external speakers. I plugged the green jack for my speakers into the Audio out and it worked fine.
BBurgDave answered on December 18, 2012

A
I think you can, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't have any speakers to try. There is an audio out jack and a digital audio out as well.
Cindy answered on December 18, 2012

A
Yes, but you'll need an amplifier to drive the speakers unless the speakers have built-in amps. You'll also need a cable with a stereo mini-plug (TV connection) on one end and probably RCA plugs (amplifier connection) on the other end.
Daniel Paradis answered on December 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry, i can
Paul C. answered on December 18, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product