Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed forum

PS3 version suffers from texture pops, framerate issues.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2007 7:51:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 16, 2007 11:10:20 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007 8:42:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2007 8:43:41 PM PST
Ryan Ellis says:
I haven't noticed one single issue yet, and I've put about 7 hours in.

However, why are you trolling the PS3? Did you go on the COD4 Xbox360 threads and tell everyone how much better COD4 plays and looks on the PS3?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007 7:32:04 AM PST
This guy always comes to these PS3 forums just to cause problems. Ignore him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007 10:07:34 PM PST
You really have no end do you? Too bad the PS3 version is soooo good

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007 11:35:20 PM PST
LsDono says:
i've only played for about one hour so far. does it get better? I mean so far I feel like I'm controlling a movie playback. when do I get to actually do something fun?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2007 6:01:58 AM PST
Pot3ntial says:
it starts slow for the first hour but then you get full freedom. i love this game!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2007 12:44:35 PM PST
Neal Vincent says:
I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and am as unbiased as they come. It's totally pointless to be negative about whichever console you don't have, but an honest comparison of the versions is useful when you could just as easily buy the game on either machine. If one version is noticeably better then of course you'd want the better one.

There seem to be a lot of people giving the PS3 version a kicking, like the partisan chump who started this inflammatory thread. I can't comment about the PS3 version because I bought the 360 version, but I'll tell you this - anyone who claims (or implies) that the 360 version doesn't have its share of tearing, chugging, and pop-in is a flat-out liar. It does. Fact. I own it.

It's a sweet-looking game, sure, but to pretend the 360 version is graphically faultless with a frame rate that never slips is ... delusional. Let's have some honesty, please, and chuck out the brand-bias so people can make an informed choice about which version to get.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 1:35:51 AM PST
Axt-Shin says:
i have this game for ps3 and there is very very minor pop ups..some trees. the 360 version actually suffers from pop ups more than the ps3. Example....Oblivion for 360 doesnt run as nice than the ps3 version. i have both systems btw. the only 2 games i have on my ps3 is this one and ninja gaiden sigma. my 360 on the other hand has around 30ish.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2008 9:52:37 AM PST
Morac says:
I've been playing Assassin's creed on my PS3 and the game does have some major problems with tearing. Also the frame rates are frequently choppy. It's playable, but annoying. I have not noticed any texture pops nor have I noticed any crashes. I am running the 1.10 (patched) version on an 80 GB PS3 running 2.10 firmware connected to a 40" Bravia XBR4.

The problem is with the game, since I've played COD4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance and Motorstorm and have never saw problems like this.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2008 6:06:38 AM PDT
Skilo says:
dont beleive everything about the ps3 that u read on posts

militant microsoft fan boys and payed off shill are al over the net doing everything they can to discredit sony and the ps3

rememebr the ps3 isnt the console with the 33% failure rate thats all 360

i played this game for hours on my ps3 never seen one glitch

cant say i liked the game much though kinda repetitive and boring

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 5:51:27 PM PDT
Snake Eater says:
^^^
This guy also sounds paid off. I bet he doesn't even own the game, or even played on a 360. There's your bias.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008 11:06:46 AM PDT
Thats how a lot of the 360 fans are unfortunately they can't admit the PS3 is the more powerful system. I have Assassin's Creed and have not texture pops or frame rate loss on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2008 9:11:49 PM PDT
T. Pavey says:
I own neither, heh. That said, the PS3 is more powerful on paper but to say it is better currently is wrong. Developers are basically designing on the XBOX then porting over currently. The PS3 won't be better until developers get used to programming for the new architechture and coding specifically for it. From what I've seen at multiple sites, most games for both have better framerates and textures on the XBOX currently. The XBOX does have the more powerful video architecture. When developers start exploiting the Cell processors properly, the PS3 will be amazing. Until that time XBOX owners should stay quiet and happy their system is still awesome and PS3 fanboys should harp on developers to properly use their system. Fact is you should be buying a system for the exclusives because the minor blurring of the textures on the PS3 and the minor framerate hits are not worth buying both systems for. Figure out which exclusives you want and shut up. The other guys obviously wanted the other exclusives. Me? I wanted Zelda and Metroid so you can figure out which system I got.

The same thing happened with the last gen system. The GameCube was much more powerful than the PS2... yet games were almost a direct port and looked equally good on both with a few exceptions. The XBox more powerful than both and many games didn't look better on that either if they were ports.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008 10:31:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:14 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008 10:34:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:15 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008 10:35:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:15 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 15, 2009 4:17:37 PM PST
Dressi says:
the PC version was flawless :)

Posted on Jun 1, 2009 8:34:08 AM PDT
Steven Blunt says:
The PS3 version is really quite good. Unfortunately, too many XBOX fanboys have too much time on their hands because they're waiting for their hardware plagued systems to get fixed, so they come here and troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2009 9:58:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:02:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 2:25:33 PM PDT
I have a PS3 and a 360. This game is much better on the PS3, and thats not just becuase o the graphics. The microsoft version is littered with glitches, I sold it just so I could get the sony one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 6:18:16 AM PDT
W. freeman says:
Thats because the PS3 runs at lower resolutions than the 360 because its less powerful, graphically. And lacks textures and details. I'm sick of everyone dogging 360, i've never had a problem with mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 6:20:37 AM PDT
W. freeman says:
We've already seen what 360 can do, with Gears Of War, what has PS3 done other than Killzone 2, which is ok but still suffers from bland textures and bad frame rate issues during lots of action or debri from explosions.:D

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009 6:24:23 AM PDT
W. freeman says:
Assassins Creed is by far one of the most graphically demanding games on consoles. Even on PC you better have a damn good card and rig to play it at its full potential. I have gotten up to 45fps on PC at full resolution, most you can get on either console is about 30 if your lucky.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 4:09:31 PM PST
Vik Twain says:
I was just playing the PS3 version. There is some tearing and pop-ins - but not enough to be annoying. The real problem is that in some sections, the frame rate drops to the crawl which makes combat unbearable. I'm only on the 3rd assassination (Jerusalem Rich Section) and that is the only area I've had problems. This game is fun, but AC2 is MUCH better (no technical issues and better gameplay).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Assassin's Creed forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (610)